I want to change. I need to change. I'm gradually losing touch with myself. Adultery, the provocative new novel by Paulo Coelho, best-selling author of The Alchemist and Eleven Minutes, explores the question of what it means to live life fully and happily, finding the balance between life's routine and the desire for something new.
- Waste of time. SPOILERS AHEAD! It is not a story about love. It's a story about adrenaline rush and how bit of excitement and doing something different and new with your husband can save your marriage.Spoiler alert!Its a story of egoistic and bored woman who has everything- money, lovely kids, bit dull but understanding and loving husband, respectable job. But she is not happy... Kinda depressed, or maybe not really, she is not sure herself. So s...
- I was set on reading "Anna Karenina" but as I started reading the first page, I already felt tired. Maybe next time, I'm still feeling out of sorts with this bad cold. Since I don't have the energy to read Tolstoy's take on adultery, I settled for Coelho's side of things. He always had the elegance to keep his stories short but relevant. Now before you read any further, I admit that this is the first disappointment I have from this author. This p...
- Ok so, if you are going to write a review about a book... At least know how to spell! I don't appreciate the fact that some people take it up to themselves to write a review about a book and give away what the story is about and how it ends. I think instead, it would be better if you just say it wasn't what you expected and that's it!Don't ruin it for others please!!!
- I did not like Adultery. I thought I would. I read Paul Coelho. I write about adultery. How could this go awry? Well, it started with the main character. I didn’t like her. I didn’t get her. I didn’t know her. In all of my interviews with women about infidelity, in all my years being a woman, in all my years of having woman friends, I simply did not understand her. It was part nationality, part class, part life circumstance, but mostly it w...
- This book is very different from Paulos previous work. As a woman I feel like he got us! Even though the title is Adultery I think this is a book about love!! This book is very different from Paulo´s previous work. As a woman I feel like he got us! Even though the title is Adultery I think this is a book about love!!
- The story of an existential crisis peppered with porn and religious preaching and ending with a trite conclusion. Not what I expected from Coelho.
- If you have negative IQ, this is the book for you.Full review available on Bozhidara's Book Corner
- i did not like at all!! i am disappointed at him!!Spoiler: I really wanted her to commit suicide at the end, or at least take an overdose of the drugs she bought!!
- I would have rated it ZERO stars it that were possible. Don't waste your time reading this crap, it's not worth it. Glad I didn't waste my money as well, in you're curious just borrow it from someone.
- I can't believe this is written by the same man who wrote one of my favorite novels. Utterly shocking and incredibly disappointing. I read the entire book, because I was waiting for it to get good, but it never happened. Don't waste time, or money on this sell out.