School Day ShenanigansSeki's complicated games manage to distract Rumi... even when he's absent from school. Not only does Seki try to literally rewrite history, he performs surgery (on stuffed animals), and brings live creatures to cooking class. Meanwhile, Rumi focuses on saving the Earth itself.
Details My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 6
Reviews My Neighbor Seki, Vol. 6
- So much fun! I'll do a full review once I've finished the series, but I must say that this volume was a treat. It amazes me that Seki's goofy antics and (perhaps even more so) Yokoi's excessive responses can be so enjoyable to read, yet I find myself coming back again and again. Also a plus: this episodic, funny story is perfect not only for teen and adult readers, but even for kids as well. Comparable in some ways with Yotsuba&!, although of cou...
- *3 or more is good for comics, manga or graphic novels. I never really know how to rate some of these. There are some where I'm totally in love, know automatically it is a 5 star, but then some I am just not sure about in the first couple volumes.*I love the series as a whole. Sometimes cute, sometimes funny, but just not as fun as the first few were.
- I absolutely love how Seki can be distracting even when he's not there! Also, we get another bit with Jun, who is always adorable. This is still a lot of fun and never seems to grow old.
- High School girl saves the earth by flicking her eraser. BEST MANGA EVER.
- Seki continues to goof off, and Yokoi continues to watch him and occasionally try to thwart him. In this volume, Yokoi has to borrow Seki's Social Studies textbook and learns that (view spoiler)[he edited it to tell the story of a master thief. Also, Seki mends stuffed animals (by cannibalizing a less-cute one), creates a foosball table out of his desk, sets up an ant farm in his bag, creates an airstrip for paper airplanes in the corner of the c...
- ~3.5/5I do enjoy this series quite a bit, though it’s more of a fun one-off to pick up for a little fun reading. There’s not an overall plot to follow. It’s a reprieve, really.Seki is causing more and more trouble to Rumi, as she keeps getting caught up in the game that at this point she’s barely paying attention to class either. I enjoy the ongoing jokes and themes, like the robot family that Rumi is protective of. Rumi’s friend in cla...
- Overall it's still funny, but I'm getting a bit bored. It's the same formula over and over again. Seki plays, Yokoi has a fit and then gets caught up in Seki's world and the cycle continues. I'll finish the series but I hope it grabs my attention again.
- There seemed to be less to distinguish this particular volume, but it's still tons of fun. I'm honestly surprised what seemed to be a couple-volume gimmick has been drawn out so successfully... Morishige's gonna run out of ideas eventually, though.
- Buset, nomor limanya terbit September 2014, nomor enamnya Februari 2016 :')Seki banyak jadi "orang jahat"-nya di sini. Mulai dari dokter korup sampai perusak lingkungan :)).
- Hilarious, as usual.
- Another good volume. Series keeps getting more interesting and adorable with each volume. And love that the covers for each volume has something to do with the story.
- Seki is still at it and keeping my laughing. Always a good thing.
- Nggak tahu karena momennya nggak pas ato gimana. Tapi ini lebih ngebosenin.