Naofumi Iwatani, an uncharismatic Otaku who spends his days on games and manga, suddenly finds himself summoned to a parallel universe! He discovers he is one of four heroes equipped with legendary weapons and tasked with saving the world from its prophesied destruction. As the Shield Hero, the weakest of the heroes, all is not as it seems. Naofumi is soon alone, penniless, and betrayed. With no one to turn to, and nowhere to run, he is left with...
Details The Rising of the Shield Hero, Volume 1
Reviews The Rising of the Shield Hero, Volume 1
- It amused. I really like the hero's internal monologues and the adorable characters.
- Note: Initially, I accidentally applied this review to the light novel this manga was based off of. I don’t know how similar the two are, but I wanted to move the review for the sake of accuracy.I don't think I've ever been quite as disappointed by a book before. Which isn't to say I've never read a worse book. The Rising of the Shield Hero is competently paced. The narrative, while I hate it, is pretty solid. Frankly, I've read way worse manga...
- Très sympa ! Plutôt original finalement, avec des personnages assez attachants... une lecture agréable !
- Its nice to put a picture to the story, i read the light novel and then i read over this in about 10 mins.
- So, this is the manga adaptation of The Rising of the Shield Hero adapted from the light novel with the same title. It's very mediocre when you want to find something like isekai or fantasy but you still don't like the story because it's mainstream. But, this is more like a fanservice with an anti-hero protagonist concept like the anime I often watch. However, the first volume is just beyond too far when it comes to the protagonist. I think you s...
- ...I feel like I'm cheating on my yearly reading challenge by reading manga. Oh well. I'll just up the goal next year to accommodate reading manga. I've read this before, back when it was first coming out. But it's been two years since then, so I'm excited to read all the rest of the books. I can finally support the author properly and buy the books! I'm very fond of the bitter, crusty protagonist. It's been translated to English, but I'm conside...
- This is a fan-service resume for people who already read the novel.Lets say the truth.Is everything too rushed, many explanations in the novel are left out with a lot of important stuff.Not sure if someone who didn't read the novel can get a grasp about what is happening.3 stars because of the art.
- Great transition from light novel to mangaI'm on book 8of light novel I am very pleased with how this turned out highly recommend reading this it'd be better to start with light novel first.
- I recently saw that this manga/light novel series was being made into an anime. The concept intrigued me and I'm interested to see where it's going to go. I also got the light novel edition of Volume 1, so we'll see how much that adds to the story.So far, so good!
- different take on the classic rpg hero from another world. enjoyed the concept valot
- loved that's kind of hero
- déçue par les personnages féminins : soit manipulatrice soit être fragile à aider
- MC vs the world done right. Ahhh it was so good. The first ending was...distressing but the actual ending was nice and neatly tied everything up.
- Good volume.
- I read this a bit ago. My son is getting heavily into Manga, I'm more into the lite novels. This one wasn't too bad.
- Some of my friends kept consistently bugging me to read this, telling me it wasn't, "just another adventure story," so I decided to take a look. The story's about a teenage male who gets trapped in this video game like world with three others who are all from different time periods. He, the shield hero, is considered the weakest of them all and the story goes through his struggles to not just keep up with the others, but to have his own strong pa...
- I came into this manga expecting another generic story about someone being summoned into a new world, but instead I found something much different. Within a day of being summoned to the new world, he is robbed and disgraced by the very people he sought protect. This book is about his journey to seek revenge against those who had betrayed them. With likable characters and a solid plot, this book remains at one of my personal favorites. i would rec...
- Read up to chapter 7. A fun concept that tried to mock other alternate universe savior themes, but the delivery wasn't one hundred percent firm. But it was still entertaining, although I think the author wanted to write an antihero and just couldn't take it. zentertaining enough, though.
- good story and cute characters :P
- se alarga de manera no genial