Howdy, Teacher! You don’t know me, but my kids talk bout you a lot. I been lookin fer a wife and mother fer a few years and was wonderin iffen we cood meet and get to no each other a bit. I’ll come after skool to git yer answer. Grover MillerUnruly schoolchildren, three suitors, and too many things to do. When Ruth Brookings rejects one of the suitors, he refuses to accept no for an answer. To make matters worse, when she prays for guidance, ...
Details Lily of the Valley (Hymns of the West #4)
Reviews Lily of the Valley (Hymns of the West #4)
- Originally posted in the April 2017 Mini ReviewsThis is by far my favorite Faith Blum book. Partially because I own a gorgeous paperback copy, but that’s not the point. The point is that this is the sweetest book in the world. I’ve always liked Ruth, and it was amazing to see a story focused on her. I’ve always loved the idea of being a teacher in a frontier-ish school, so that was another fun thing for me.The only thing I didn’t like abo...
- This was actually my second time reading Lily of the Valley. The first time I was a beta-reader so this second time, as I was reading it to review, I was going to skim it. Note the past tense. I found myself slowing down to enjoy it all over again! This is probably my favorite of Faith's works! I immensely enjoyed following the Ruth, Annabelle, and Micah in this book--their struggles seemed real and relatable.Both times reading through, I laughed...
- This book is a little hard to write a review for. From the book description I really liked the plot, and I was excited to read Faith Blum's new book. The setting where the book took place was wonderfully done, and it felt very real. And I love the cast of characters in the book. It was a good clean story, and it brought up some interesting points.But sadly there were a couple of things that kept me from enjoying the book as much as I had hoped. I...
- Simply wonderful!Faith Blum writes in a style that is comfortable and easy, something like a big fuzzy sweater you’d don on a chilly winter evening. Although this is part of a series, each book is a complete, stand alone, historical novel. The characters feel like friends you’ve known for years and they are all good people. Well, there is one bad guy, but in comparison to the antagonists in today’s literature, this guy is hardly PG rated. T...
- Like reading the BibleI really would have totally enjoyed this story to a four or even five stars, but it ended up more like a Bible reading. It is one thing to write Christian fiction, but, personally, there is a saturation point when every page has Bible quotes, many pages being almost all. I will pull my Bible out when I want to read it, so I was disappointed that this story, which was a great story, bogged down so much.
- This is a great Christian romance that I received for free! Really clean and well written. The only reason for 4 stars is that it is the 4th in a series and I would like to read the others to get a better feel for the characters. It is also good as a standalone. You can get it here > https://www.amazon.com/Lily-Valley-Hy... for free but I'm not sure for how long. (Kindle edition)
- Another great book in the "Hymns" seriesIn this book, it is Ruth's time for her love story. With many trials to challenge and test her faith, she come to realize that she truly has a wall of fire around her and has nothing to fear. Micah also learns patience as he waits for Ruth to come to love him and his son. Don't miss this delightful story of God's work in the lives of all the characters in book 4 in this series.
- This book had a good story line. I enjoyed reading as she sought God's help in choosing her paths in all areas of her life. However, the story repeated a lot. Incidents would happen and then the diary would report the same incidents, with little to no added information. It seemed much text was added as filler rather than adding to the story.
- Faith filled book.The book was very enjoyable to read. I like the love you felt all through the book. It also had some suspense too. I didn't know what was going to happen with Mr Miller or if his sister would be nice or if she would want the children. It kept me going so I finished it in a day. Look forward to reading more of Faith Blum's books.
- A Favorite!Love author Faith Blum! Her storytelling skills are among my favorite ways to tell a story. The story of redemption , faith and forgiveness was throughout the storyline. I appreciate a Christian novel with realism, depth and humor. Really good!
- This was a great story. Great storyteller.This was a wonderful story, has great flow. I enjoyed this story very much and highly recommend this book. You feel like you know the characters.
- She is a Lily of the valley.Great book. I love how these old hymns of the church play into the story. A school teacher and a sheriff whose son can be a troublemaker make for a fun read. Add a town drunk and his children into mix for more fun.
- Nice Chriistian story with real challengesA faith based life is not always easy or kind, but this story shows that it is your perspective and how you address adversity that matters. Fun read!
- GreatInteresting characters with lots of background and history. Lots of information about the surroundings. Cannot wait for the next book.
- Nice readI enjoyed the story. Not to short like some free books. Characters seem realistic. I will read the entire series.
- Christian writing done wellA happy western from a Christian 's view. Well written ,with characters that are loveable and believable. Easy reading enjoyment.
- Wonderful story!I enjoyed this book and all of the characters, but especially Ruth. I definitely recommend this book. I look forward to reading more by Faith Blum.
- Lily of the Valley, by Faith Blum, was a lovely historical romance. The fifth book in the Hymns of the West Series, this book is set in the same western town as the previous novels and tells the story of several other young couples, friends or family members of those in the previous novels. I enjoyed the adventures of Ruth, Micah, Annabel, and William as they sought to know God and each other better. The danger created by the antagonist added to ...
- Wow! That was an amazing book! I'm so sad it's over. Lily of the Valley has become my new favorite book in the Hymns of the West series. :D I've been wanting to read more about Ruth Brookings since book one, A Mighty Fortress. Thus I was incredibly excited to get to read this book! I loved Faith's portrayal of the Miller children. They were so sweet! It also tied in nicely with Faith's novella 'Tis So Sweet found in the Where the Light May Lead a...
- UpliftingFaith Blum writes in a way that entertains while touching my heart and filling my soul.Though these books are stand alone I encourage you to read them in order, and I strongly encourage you to read them. This family will truly worm their way into your heart.
- Very good story - easy reading - turns out just right. The larger print format makes it easy to read for nearly any reader. Thanks to Goodreads for a pleasant adventure.
- Loved itThis was a very good book. So good I hate to think I had read all of them already. Excellent
- Wonderful bookI really enjoyed the courtship of Rachel and Micah. They were true to their Christian beliefs and respected each other.