A collection of Barack Obama's greatest speeches selected and introduced by columnist E.J. Dionne and MSNBC host Joy-Ann Reid.We Are the Change We Seek is a collection of Barack Obama's 26 greatest addresses: beginning with his 2002 speech opposing the Iraq War and closing with his final speech before the United Nations in September 2016. As president, Obama's words had the power to move the country, and often the world, as few presidents before ...
Details We Are the Change We Seek
Reviews We Are the Change We Seek
- I want this on Audible.
- Barack Obama was the first President I ever voted for. Part of it was because he was black, but beneath that was his rhetoric. Whatever is said about former President Obama the man was a gifted orator and rhetorician, and lying at the heart of every one of his speeches there is one fundamental message: hope.The speeches collected in this book represent Obama's the best of Obama's ability as an orator, and each speech is introduced with a brief ex...
- It seems like an eternity ago when we had a president worth quoting.
- We Are The Change We Seek is a collection of 26 greatest speeches of Barack Obama. The book has been written by E.J. Dionne Jr. and Joy-Ann Reid. We Are The Change We Seek consists of Barack Obama’s best speeches; starting from the 2002 speech against the Iraq War and ending with Obama’s last speech at the United Nations in September 2016.The book We Are The Change We Seek: The Speeches of Barack Obama was released on 10 Jan 2017. This book b...
- During this time in politics and with the troubles plaguing our government and our nation, it was inspiring to read this book. I know that I will read it again, especially when I'm my most pessimistic feelings. Obama is forever the optimist and he has taught all of us a lesson in believing you can reach for the stars and in acknowledging what a blessing it is even if you only reach the moon. He did great things and suffered disappointments and he...
- This collection of 25 speeches by former President Barack Obama testifies to his magnificent eloquence ... cogently reasoned and pertinent to each occasion, these speeches highlight his wisdom and tolerance ... if only our technology were such that each written document could be accompanied by its videotape ... to end with Obama's mantra: "God bless you. And God bless the United States of America."
- This collection of President Barack Obama's speeches during his campaign and presidency had me wishing he were still the President. I like his politics, but even those who don't must admire his articulate, moving writing and delivery of his ideas in these speeches, as well as his great style and wisdom. The speeches are in chronological order, so this book is also wonderful trip through recent history, good and bad. Each speech is preceded by a h...
- This was my Presidents Day 2017 read. I purchased because it had both inaugural addresses as well as his farewell address. I was pleased to find it also contained his speech about Sandy Hook and his comments about how Trayvon Martin "could have been my son." Highly recommended.
- I needed this book to serve as an antidote to the current political climate. Obama is one of the few adult males who I respect and look up to as a role model - who inspires me. This book - a collection of his speeches - represents him and his message well. Read it if you need a reminder of what America (and American leadership) can and should be.
- It was so nice to have the positive up lifting experience. Rather you were an Obama backer, or not, I think you would find this a boost to your spirits
- It's hard and sad and frustrating to read this in our current political climate
- A collection of twenty six speeches by Barrack Obama up to September 2017. It was good reading the entire speeches especially since we only got the highlights from the news.
- I'd long been an admirer of former President Barack Obama; I jumped at the opportunity to read this when I found a copy at the library. There are several lessons that we can draw on and the book has several inspirational quotes as well. I would give this compilation of his speeches ten stars if I could!
- GOOD BOOK BUT I AM A HATER SO IT GETS THREE STARS