The third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Field Party series—a southern soap opera with football, cute boys, and pick-up trucks—from USA TODAY bestselling author Abbi Glines.Two years ago, Riley Young fled from Lawton, Alabama. After accusing the oldest Lawton son, Rhett, of rape, everyone called her a liar and she had no option but to leave. Now she’s back, but she’s not at Lawton High finishing up her senior year. She’s at h...
Details After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
|Title||After the Game (The Field Party, #3)|
|Release Date||Aug 22nd, 2017|
|Number of pages||320 pages|
Reviews After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
- I received this free eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review. I was a bit leery going into this book of the series after finding out who the characters were. Mainly about Brady because I really didn't like him in the second novel. He was so naive and whinny and annoying. It was all about him and no one else's problems seemed to matter to him. And the way he used and strung Ivy around because it was convienant and he didn't want to hu...
- So, I honestly didn't think I could ever love a book more than I did Until Friday Night. But, I'm going go on record right now and say that this book is my new favorite. I mean, I'm going to read a lot more books this year. Some of them will be good, some of them will be great... none of them will be After The Game. I love this series so much. Each book just gets better and better. It still blows my mind how Abbi has possessed the ability to crea...
- Meh. It was entertaining, but it had some of the same problems I had with the other two books in this series. I'll read the next one anyway, but only for the entertainment factor. Full review to come closer to pub date in August. Thank you to Edelweiss and SimonPulse for giving me the opportunity to review!
- Rhett getting away "scot free" didn't sit well with me. I understand Riley's forgiveness, but what he did was a crime. Not sure that sends the right message to victims. This is an ARC, though, so maybe that can be revised. Here's hoping.
- These Field Party novels will give readers just what they are looking for in terms of small town drama and romance. This installment focuses on Riley and Brady. Riley is back in town with her toddler daughter. Her backstory is that she was rapped, no in her social circle believed her and she's been an outcast for the past few years. Brady is the football superstar and doesn't want to rock the boat. But Brady finds a soft spot for Riley and her da...
- I love this series. I would've given this one 5 stars but it ending seemed very unfinished.
- We have gotten to know Brady through the last two books, and this one takes a hard look at his life. Of the three in The Field Party series, this one was by far my favorite. Riley took a terrible situation and has created this amazing life for her little girl. She has let go of the anger she could have had. I felt that this one focused more on the real life situation instead of just the romance side to things. Great book!
- I loved the plot line and the strong characters. It is not often I read books with such a strong feminine character that has been through so much. Teen moms are not often portrayed in young adult books in a positive way. Abbi Glines manages to create a beautiful story of courage and love of a teen mom. Fantastic addition to the Field Party series.
- I received an ARC courtesy of Edelweiss. What could have been a cliched story is elevated thanks to Abbi Glines writing. The stories of the initial group of friends seems to be wrapped up although a few younger football players were mentioned so it is possible there will be more books featuring the field parties.