New York Times bestselling author Heather Graham has teamed up with celebrated actor and celebrity icon Chad Michael Murray to weave a tale of passion and danger in the captivating romantic suspense, American Drifter. A young veteran of the US Army, River Roulet is struggling to shake the horrors of his past. War is behind him, but the memories remain. Desperate to distract himself from the images haunting him daily, River abandons the world he k...
Details American Drifter
|Release Date||Nov 14th, 2017|
Reviews American Drifter
- American Drifter by Heather Graham and Chad Michael Murray was a very pleasant find. The novel is about River, an American war veteran battling PTSD while visiting and touring Rio De Janeiro. River has been staying in a local hostel and has been befriended by the owner of the hostel, the hostel maid and a local man happy with just getting by. River is afflicted with flashbacks and nightmares, while trying to enjoy his time in Rio De Janeiro in th...
- I received an early copy from Tor-Forge/Macmillan in exchange for this honest review.If you know me, then you know I am a diehard fan of One Tree Hill. Naley, Brooke Davis, brooding Lucas, all of it. I’ve probably binged it, like, six times. Yes, I am disappointed that Netflix removed it. I’ll hold that grudge forever.So, I was very excited to find out this past year that Chad Michael Murray actually lived out the Lucas Scott persona and coll...
- This was one of my most anticipated releases for 2017 and unfortunately I didn't like it. That being said, the story seemed to be all over the place at the best of times, and the characters, though likable, had few admirable qualities or anything to make them really unique.But I must say the ending had a jaw dropping situation that I didn't expect! And as fan of Chad I can fill in that the writing style was one of the things that kept me from DNF...
- This story is about, A young veteran of the US Army, River Roulet is struggling to shake the horrors of his past. War is behind him, but the memories remain. Desperate to distract himself from the images haunting him daily, River abandons the world he knows and flees to the country he's always dreamed of visiting: Brazil.
- I chose to read American Drifter for two reasons. 1 - It was listed (even on the front cover) as a thriller. 2 - Good Read readers gave it almost a 4 star rating. This is my first Heather Graham novel so I cannot compare to any of her own novels and I've not heard of Chad Michael Murray, this being his debut. (I do not watch prime time TV but he was very cute on the back cover.) I HATE writing 1 star reviews as I know that 1. there will always be...
- Wow!! I wasn’t into this book for most of it, yet couldn’t put it down. It wasn’t until the twist at the end when I had to stop a few times just to wipe the tears from my eyes, that I understood the gravity and the depth of the protagonist that i changed my mind and loved the book.For those who have read lots of Heather Graham, you may notice the subtle change in writing style, this would be CMM writing. He’s not bad. I’ll definitely be...
- I was intrigued when Chad and Heather spoke about their book at BookCon and anticipated the release. I was drawn in by the characters and by Brazil and really liked River. There was a big twist that completely blindsided me! I don't want to give anything away, but that ending was not anticipated 💔
- This is 'not' a Heather Graham book. That she put her name on it to help a new author is evident. But....GOOD FOR HER. It was extremely well written, interesting and had a 'twist' that kept you reading. I don't know that I would have picked this up without her name on it but I'm glad I did!
- 3.75 it was okay for me not my favorite. Interesting twist at the end
- Full review to come.
- A quick and easy read. A tad predictable at times but still enjoyable.