Cook, eat, and be fit with 150 recipes from Bobby Flay, whose approach to healthy eating is all about flavor—not eliminating anything from your diet. With a profession that has him constantly developing and tasting new recipes, chef Bobby Flay does not eschew any foods: bread, bacon, and butter are still all on the table. His secret to staying healthy is to have on hand an arsenal of low-calorie flavor bombs—like rubs, relishes, and marina...
Details Bobby Flay Fit
Reviews Bobby Flay Fit
- It's the usual celebrity cookbook; not necessarily for the budget conscious cook like me. Lamb, trout, sea bass, and a shopping list of other ingredients Mr. Flay uses in his recipes are not usually found in the average kitchen. The novice cook may find this cookbook a little overwhelming. However. I did like that he uses herbs and spices to kick up the flavor of foods; not always just salt and pepper. The book is laid out nicely; starting with t...
- I must thank Crown Publishing for the free book. I expected just recipes from Bobby Flay’s Fit, but I also got many great tips on following a healthy lifestyle and actually sticking to it. I like how the recipes were categorized under different themes: breakfast, dinner, etc...I believe it’s a good book for people who seek to eat healthy and somewhat simple recipes.
- Nice looking recipes here, but most are too complex or fancy for my family. I did takeaway a few tips and plan on trying a few of the simpler recipes.
- Obviously you can look at Bobby Flay and see he's doing something right - he's in his fifties in a very high pressure field and looks great. He explains how he changed his eating and exercise habits when he turned 40 and realized he wasn't as healthy as he wanted to be and needed to be for his career. The first chapter is called Healthy Basics and covers making basic dressings, sauces, condiments, and basic healthy cooking techniques, then the re...
- Just read Cynthia's review; it's basically what I wanted to write, word-for-word. And probably better articulated than I would have done. Most of these recipes are outside my purview both budget-wise and time-wise but the one big bonus is that I remembered, upon browsing this book, that I used to like roasted and stir-fried tofu once upon a time (read: when I was single). I will probably re-introduce it and see how it goes with my firmly meat-and...
- Hardly anything in this book is stuff that I would normally make or eat. With that being said, I would totally buy this book. At the beginning of the book Bobby talks a little about fitness and choices. He lays things out in different sections. I am a awful about pictures in cookbooks, there can never be enough. This was no exception. There needed to be way more pictures than there were. What there was looked amazing. They made me want to try to ...
- Bobby Flay is world know celebrity chef and you see all his creative dishes on the food network. I loved how he wrote a healthy cookbook and how he dedicated it to his daughter and most importantly his love for food. It goes to show you don't have to go on these fad diets just to be healthy. Just eat real food and get creative with flavors and textures and live a fit lifestyle.
- So much yum! I don't know what to make first. I have it narrowed down to either the Roasted Lemon Chicken Brodo or the Grouper Steamed In Parchment With Martini Relish And Sour Orange Sauce. Both look like they will be super yummy in my tummy.
- Lots of good ideas for me here. Reasonable list of ingredients, reasonable prep time, appealing dishes. Recipes I actually might prepare! Nicely formatted with photos supporting less usual items.
- I have a load of food allergies, so am always looking for things I can eat that look interesting & don’t contain what I can’t have. This book is not it. Recipes look interesting enough, but so many contain things I can’t have. Oh, well. The search continues.
- Many of the recipes were beyond what I would be interested in as a moderately talented home cook. But some of the breakfast options looked good.
- lots of fish recipes
- This is a healthy cookbook. Some of the recipes sound good.
- Great book, made 3 recipes so far. Man loves his spices. I love the information he gives about each recipe and about his own life.
- Finally, a “diet” cookbook with food you actually WANT to eat. The fact that he’s included nutritional information is a big plus! Thank you, Bobby! I’ll be cooking my way through this one for sure!