In this new series, set in the bestselling world of Valdemar, Heralds Mags and Amily must continue to protect the realm of Valdemar while raising their children and preparing them to follow in their footsteps.Mags, Herald Spy of Valdemar, and his wife, Amily, the King’s Own Herald, are happily married with three kids. The oldest, Peregrine, has the Gift of Animal Mindspeech—he can talk to animals and persuade them to act as he wishes. Perry's...
Details The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies #1)
Reviews The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies #1)
- The book description is inaccurate. More accurate: Peregrine has the Gift of animal Mindspeech and his dream is to follow in his father's footsteps as a spy. When reports of an unusual number of missing people reaches Mag's ears, he decides to take Peregrine with him (disguised as traders) to discover who or what is behind the disappearances."The Hills Have Spies" is a fantasy novel with an adult and a 13-year-old main character, so it may appeal...
- So I only discovered Mercedes Lackey as an adult and this is the first Valdemar book I've read. I gather this is the latest in a vast series. Yet how could I resist a book about spies with a pun title?The great thing about not having read her early work is I don't need to complain about her writing going downhill. It's a fun fantasy but not startlingly original. Problems do seem to be solved rather quickly; not one animal will refuse to help. Ani...
- This story is NOT what it is purported to beThe synopsis says that the main character is Justyn (not true; his name is Parry). He is Mags and Amilys child (true). He is going on a trip (true) with a troup of players (not true; he goes with Mags pretending to be Traders). And there is enough other things that just make this book FRUSTRATING to try to read. I usually read one of Ms. Lackeys books in 3 to 4 hours. I am in my 6th hour and am only hal...
- Great new seriesIt was fun to revisit Mags and Amily as adults. The story is really around their son, Perry, who is more than you could wish.Mags takes Perry on a journey to check out some disquieting rumors and spend some father son time in the way that only a master spy and Herald would do. Perry leads them into a grand adventure with some truly amazing allies and enemies. Can't wait for more!
- MagicMost of you don't need encouragement to read this book... You have been riding on Mags' shoulder since he was at the mine.I am gonna tell you that this adventure is as good as or better than the previous chapters in the journey so far. The only problem is that it was over way too fast....Enjoy!
- The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies)Mags takes his eldest son in a reconnaissance mission. Such wonderful characters! I have enjoyed each and every Valdemar story she's written no matter what time period it covered. This story is a fine addition to her collection. Another fine coming of age story. Well done!
- Enthralling - As Always!Misty Lackey never fails to entrap you in her wonderful web of words, and never disappoints you in your expectation of a delightful and engrossing tale. This latest in the Valdemar series is no exception. I can never put down one of her books until I finish it, and always am hungry for more!
- The legacy continuesHaha was just "ordinary" not a royal, but with special abilities. Perry takes us to the next generation and demonstrates youth harshness and impatience while learning the value of forethought and caution. Another Lackey book that I finished the day i received it.
- The synopsis for this book is incorrect. I think this is a much better story. Frequently the author's focus is on Heralds and Companions. The young man at the heart of this story is never going to be a Herald, even though I was thinking that he might. This is a great coming of age story, with a lot to be learned by both parents and children.
- On the whole I did like the story but I'm not sure I'm liking the direction these books are taking. I am curious to see what the next book is about but remain somewhat skeptical about how well this trilogy or family series will do.
- Another wonderful story from Mercedes Lackey, this one is set about 15 years after Closer to the Heart. Amily and Mags have 3 children and this story is about the eldest, Perry. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next one!
- Great readA must for Valdamar fans! Suspense and good plot, Mags and son go for an adventure! Firebirds!,Dyhei,Kyree, bond birds all show up!
- As always ms. Lackey provides beautiful imagery with absolutely compelling characters and a pulse pounding story!😍
- Mercedes Lackey never fails to deliver, and this time was no different. Excellent characters and great story.
- Return to ValdemarSo very thankful to once again return to Valdemar. We get to visit our old friends Mags and Amily and meet their children.
- This is another smashing hit from Mercedes Lackey and promises to be a stellar series and look forward to the next book.
- Full review to come at http://literaladdictionparanormalbook...
- GreatI recommend this for anyone who loves fantasy. Also for those who have read the books about about the Vandmire. Love how this book continues the story of Mags now that he has children and how they are growing up.
- Wow the new mags book was a wonder. I thought I would be disappointed as too many books about Mags but this was something very special and really was more about the son of Mags and Amily.loved the story as it really showed off just what made me fall in love with these novels as well as the author.