The first installment of Cassandra Clare's bestselling urban fantasy series, The Mortal Instruments, is adapted into a graphic novel series!Hanging out with her best friend, Simon, is just about the most exciting thing in Clary's life...that is, until she realizes there are people only she can see. But when her mother disappears and a monster attacks her, Clary has to embrace a world that she never even knew existed--a world full of vampires, wer...
Details The Mortal Instruments
Reviews The Mortal Instruments
- I have been waiting for this for so long! I finally got my hands on it! This was really really good. The art is wonderful, and it just gave me so many nostalgic feelings! It really just reminded me why I love this series so much. I did miss some of the dialogue that wasn't included from the original City of Bones novel, and a few scenes that were cut. I wish it was longer!!! It was a very fun quick read. I read it in one sitting, in about an hour...
- I consider myself as a dedicated fan of Cassandra Clare's 'The Shadowhunter Chronicles' books. (The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, The Dark Artifices) I don't read much from the Graphic Novel/Comic part of the book community but I can say that I'm in love with this book. I love to draw and one of my favourite artists and influences is Cassandra Jean, who was the illustrator for this book and creates fanart of Cassie's characters from t...
- Loved this, my only complaint is that there were quite a few typos. But I loved seeing the gang illustrated and many of the iconic moments are in here.
- So, for those of you who don't know, the artist for this manga adaption, Cassandra Jean, is the one behind those incredibly gorgeous Shadowhunter Tarot Cards which have been on my wishlist forever, and that I know a fair few of you guys have already! She's also behind the Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld too! There are some seriously gorgeous colour pages in this volume, with a page for each of the main chara...
- I wanted so badly to give this 5 stars but if you read this without any knowledge of the original books, you might be a little lost. Some of the transition scenes are missing as well as some of my absolute favorite scenes and lines from the book. It was really cool to see one of my favorite books in this form. If you know the story already I say go ahead and read this, it's really cute. If you haven't read the story, go read City of Bones first.
- I love Cassandra Jeans artwork. Love it. It’s great rereading this story in a new media and I can’t wait for the next one. I enjoyed the little extra scene that wasn’t in the book and seeing the crazy height difference between Clary and the rest of the gang, hence her always being called little girl. The only thing I didn’t care for was the dot shading for Simon’s hair, at times it was faded and wasn’t bad but I wish it would have bee...
- This is such a faithful adaption! And the characters all look so close to how I imagined them! There’s a nice new scene with Isabelle and Simon, which was a cool surprise! And the iconic flirting between Magnus and Alec was SUCH a cute page! I can’t wait for the next volume! I hope they come out fairly frequently because the wait is going to be killer! 5/5 Stars!
- I loved this so much. Cassandra Jean' s artwork is so close to how I imagine the characters in my head, and she's done such an amazing job of bringing the Shadow World to life! I can't wait to see more!
- I mean, were you expecting anything else?
- I love this so much
- I love these books and getting to see it in a different form is amazing. I flew through this today and I can't wait to get the rest of the series when it comes out.
- LOVED THIS, all the tiny comments are so funnyI cant wait for volume 2!!
- Cassandra jeans art is everything