Oprah Winfrey says Super Soul Sunday is the television show she was born to do. "I see it as an offering," she explains. "If you want to be more fully present and live your life with a wide-open heart, this is the place to come to."Now, for the first time, the aha moments of inspiration and soul-expanding insight that have enlightened millions on the three-time Emmy Award-winning Super Soul Sunday are collected in The Wisdom of Sundays, a beautif...
Details The Wisdom of Sundays
Reviews The Wisdom of Sundays
- Oprah Winfrey's latest book is a book to be read and re-read often. The book is sectioned into 10 chapter groups - Awakening, Intention, Mindfulness, Spiritual GPS, Ego, Forgiveness, Broken Open, Grace and Gratitude, Love and Connection. The order is quite telling; notice that "Ego" is right in the middle, followed by forgiveness. If we envision these topics as a bell curve, it's an uphill battle to learn to deal with the Ego, after learning it, ...
- I just got this book yesterday so I am just a few pages in and I got to say, it is AMAZING! The book itself is BEAUTIFUL. Like the old school books with the fabric type of cover. It is perfect for coffee tables. The pages inside are BEAUTIFUL as well - beautiful pictures on most pages and there are quotes and then there are stories. If you like Super Soul Sunday, you will definitely love this book. If you love quotes, you will love this book. If ...
- The body can be ‘rented out’ but not the soul. We are part of the Great Soul and we are all close to one another. We came from one place and if we look closely, we are not so very different, and in the end we shall all return whence we came. So the greatest wisdom of this book is to convey to all of us that we're not so very different... The main problem is just to see the bigger picture: we all form a huge circle, everyone is so familiar, an...
- Certain chapters are phenomenal and I will likely listen to those again and again. Others are a bit overly religious, including some discussion of a near-death experience. As an atheist, I can work with the idea of a spiritual "god" in the place of a traditional Judeo-Christian "God", but my brain struggled to find a work-around for the near-death experience discussion. Overall, a good listen, but a couple of chapters were skipped.
- A nice book of inspiration!
- Fantastic audiobook--basically conversations with amazing people like Bryan Stevenson and Echart Tolle and Michael Singer. The only annoying thing is that I wish Oprah would have let them talk more and interrupted less. I love Oprah, but I just wanted to hear more from the guests.
- Who doesn’t want to read what Oprah writes ! Imagine listening to the book instead !!!! you will be smiling and having all those “aha moments” . She summarized all the wisdom she has learnt all those years. But once you are don’t from the book, you will have a list of authors and books you would want to read. Love you Oprah.
- If you have watched Super Soul Sunday you will probably have heard most of what is in the book. I know I had. It was a nice refresher though.
- I loved the look of this book. I loved the shortness of each subject. I did not agree with many of the thoughts such as "We are not created in God's image" but overall it did me food for thought.
- Wise and contemplative words. Good way to start the day.
- Very thought provoking book. A better way to look at life. I connect much easier with spirituality than I do religion and I think this book explains why. A lot here that encourages. The best is the chapter on gratitude. So important. I will read this again, for inspiration and encouragement.
- Many different views, but not ALL the religious views.
- Glad I chose the audio version of this book. So wonderful to hear the actual inflections from the interviews Oprah conducted with all the amazing guests. I didn't know about Super Soul Sunday before this came out but am now a fan & watch every weekend.