A lonely man tries to buy a pillow . . . and ends up with a new best friend in this silly and sweet doggy tale, perfect for fans of Officer Buckle and Gloria . Dogs make good pillows, don't they?A clever pup ends up in a cozy home, and she'll do anything to stay there. She impersonates everything the lonely homeowner needs--a pillow, a footstool, a jacket. But in the end, being herself works best. Laura Gehl's spare, humorous text an...
Details My Pillow Keeps Moving
Reviews My Pillow Keeps Moving
- This will bring lots of storytime laughs -- kids love it when they can see how foolish grownups are being.
- This book gets funnier every time I read it!
- A charming story about a pillow, foot stool, Haley, whatever...that keeps moving...and yet readers will understand from the start, we're not dealing with your average, run of the mill furnishings here. At the heart of this clever tale are a cat and a pup seeking shelter from the elements and inadvertently finding a forever home...albeit a reluctant one. Well, it's not so much reluctant as it is confused because honestly, if my jacket starting bel...
- so wonderfully silly!
- I think this would get lots of laughs at preschool storytime.
- Silly and fun! Great for a dog or a silly storytime.
- Hilarious book! Lots of tiny, fun details on each page, and lots of genuine heart. I laughed out loud at the grocery store scene!
- Adorable and endearing!
- A dog and cat figure out a way to find a home by pretending to be things a man needs, like a pillow, a stool, etc.
- Few words, which repeat throughout the story. This helps to tell the idea of the story, which is cute. Liked the illustrations.
- Delightful and absurd.
- Clever pup comes up with ways to end in a cozy home with a hopelessly clueless man.
- Pretty funny especially if you like dogs....and cats. And of course, pillows.
- This is an adorable and amusing story that will make you laugh out loud!
- Made me chuckle. A different kind of story to help animals get adopted.
- As if the story (and concept) weren't funny enough --- the illustrations were uproarious!
- This was super cute and made me laugh out loud.
- Awesome kids book! What a hoot!
- Super cute
- Sweet and funny.
- A resourceful pup reinvents himself as a everything one seemingly clueless gentleman might want--a pillow, a footstool, a jacket--until the man finally realizes what his life is really missing is a pet. (Or two.)Kids LOVED how confused the poor gentleman was while going shop to shop, and they delighted in tracking the cat as she lurked throughout the story. Small illustrative details--such as the shift in photos on the mantle and the 'meal for on...