A lonely man tries to buy a pillow . . . and ends up with a new best friend in this silly and sweet doggy tale, perfect for fans of Officer Buckle and Gloria . Dogs make good pillows, don't they?A clever pup ends up in a cozy home, and she'll do anything to stay there. She impersonates everything the lonely homeowner needs--a pillow, a footstool, a jacket. But in the end, being herself works best. Laura Gehl's spare, humorous text an...
Details My Pillow Keeps Moving
Reviews My Pillow Keeps Moving
- This will bring lots of storytime laughs -- kids love it when they can see how foolish grownups are being.
- This book gets funnier every time I read it!
- A charming story about a pillow, foot stool, Haley, whatever...that keeps moving...and yet readers will understand from the start, we're not dealing with your average, run of the mill furnishings here. At the heart of this clever tale are a cat and a pup seeking shelter from the elements and inadvertently finding a forever home...albeit a reluctant one. Well, it's not so much reluctant as it is confused because honestly, if my jacket starting bel...
- A dog and cat figure out a way to find a home by pretending to be things a man needs, like a pillow, a stool, etc.
- Delightful and absurd.
- Clever pup comes up with ways to end in a cozy home with a hopelessly clueless man.
- Made me chuckle. A different kind of story to help animals get adopted.
- As if the story (and concept) weren't funny enough --- the illustrations were uproarious!
- Super cute
- Sweet and funny.
- A resourceful pup reinvents himself as a everything one seemingly clueless gentleman might want--a pillow, a footstool, a jacket--until the man finally realizes what his life is really missing is a pet. (Or two.)Kids LOVED how confused the poor gentleman was while going shop to shop, and they delighted in tracking the cat as she lurked throughout the story. Small illustrative details--such as the shift in photos on the mantle and the 'meal for on...