"Beautifully rendered and told, the book brings to life the work of a gifted 20th-century artist whose creative vision will always be in vogue." Kirkus Reviews, Starred reviewThis is a moving and impassioned picture book about the iconic fashion photographer Bill Cunningham that will inspire young readers to go discover their own ideas of beauty and embolden the world with their own creativity!He found "sheer poetry"in the drape of an evening dre...
Details Polka Dot Parade
Reviews Polka Dot Parade
- Bill Cunningham died in 2016, at the age of 87. He was a society photographer who was much more interested in the clothing his subjects wore than in the subjects themselves. He was famous for traveling around New York City on a bicycle - year round - and went through 30 or so bikes during his years as a roving photographer. And he was known as a New York Times treasure as his pictures and text highlighted the best of city fashion."Polka Dot Parad...
- This fun biography opens with these lines: "'He who seeks beauty will find it," Bill said. And he did." The author and illustrator do a wonderful job sharing Bill's talent for finding beauty and capturing it with the camera. A real inspiration for aspiring photographers, both young and old. Love it!
- An amazing look at one of the most influence people in fashion history! Thanks for sharing Constance :)
- A really cool picture book about an interesting man from the fashion scene.
- I loved the pictures! Gorgeous.
- Liked the real life quotes that were integrated throughout the book. I didn't really know anything about Bill Cunningham or his life before this book either!
- As a great admirer of Bill's work I was thrilled to see this book. The illustrations are beautiful and gives a beautiful idea of what Bill's life was like.
- Fun and fanciful illustrations. Good biographical info--not in a childish, poetic style. Inspiring.
- Interesting enough story of Cunningham. But I don't see the appeal for children.
- Visually striking.
- Beautiful watercolors. Inspirational. Great text about Bill Cunningham and the New York City fashion world he photographed. A book to buy, keep, and savor.