Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell is a beautiful gift edition containing two wintery short stories, decorated throughout for the first time with gorgeous black and white illustrations by Simini Blocker.Midnights is the story of Noel and Mags, who meet at the same New Year's Eve party every year and fall a little more in love each time . . .Kindred Spirits is about Elena, who decides to queue to see the new Star Wars movie and meets Gabe, a fellow...
Details Almost Midnight
Reviews Almost Midnight
- Tohle bylá krásná knížečka. Zvenku i zevnitř.❤😊Dokonce jsem si u ní i pobrečela.😭HODNOCENÍ: 85% Tohle bylá krásná knížečka. Zvenku i zevnitř.❤️😊Dokonce jsem si u ní i pobrečela.😭HODNOCENÍ: 85%
- I'm so lucky to be an Official UK Fangirl. Literally.I've read both Short stories and the illustrations just make the stories feel more real. These aren't characters but people you're friends with. Rainbow does cute romance so well, they give you the feelings.
- I got really happy seeing a new Rainbow Rowell book notice sitting on my inbox but got kinda deflated after reading the synopsis. Turns out I've already read both of these short stories.The first one has to be my favorite. It's part of the 'My True Love Gave To Me' anthologies and has always given me goosebumps. 5 stars all the way.The second one is about the crazy fandom that is Star Wars. It's not my favorite but it's cute, obv. And it also FIN...
- Almost Midnight is a collection of two stories previously published separately and I have read them before and I own them both. But the sparkle on the cover was so inviting and then I opened the book and saw the beautiful illustrations by Simini Blocker and I just could not resist... I read it on the train home from the bookshop and I got all emotional reading Midnights. It's one of my favourite short stories - it's a story that spams 3 years and...
- Midnights: 3.75 starsI loved the illustrations but couldn’t help but feel like the characters (especially Mags) had little to no personality Kindred Spirits: 5/5 starsThis was such a wonderful little story! I loved Elena’s character, and the story itself was funny, cute and interesting. And again I adored the illustrations!
- Midnights - 3.5Kindred Spirits - 3Rainbow Rowell's short stories just aren't enough for me. Sure, they're cute, but It's a bit of a let down because I find myself expecting the depth of one of her novels and that's not what I'm going to get out of a short story. I realize this is me setting myself up for disappointment but I just can't get into them. I'll wait (somewhat patiently) for another novel. :)
- It's amazing how Rainbow Rowell can make you fall in love with her characters in such few words...Sweet, funny and adorable always! I was laughing out loud more than once at the genius dialogue and smiling widely at the sugar sweet moments. So this gets nothing less than five stars from me.
- Kindred spirits - 3,5/5Midnights - 4,5/5
- This woman is a genius. She writes the perfect contemporary romances. She sets you in bubble where your wrapped up in a cozy blanket with a coffee in hand. Midnights was one of the first short stories I have felt completely satisfied with. It's just a cute little tale about various New Year's Eve between friends and the changes they go throughout those years. I read it last December and basically ruined the rest of the "my true love gave to me " ...
- Painfully cute.Rainbow Rowell delivers once more two of the cutest short stories you'll ever read this season.
- just went back and reread this because it's the cutest thing
- I was hoping this was all new content, but I loved both of these stories. I read Midnight as part of the My True Love Gave to Me collection, and I read Kindred Spirits thanks to my local library :)
- read them separately in other forms but both excellent stories