From #1 New York Times bestselling author Gabrielle Bernstein comes a clear, proactive, step-by-step process to release the beliefs that hold you back from living a better life.This six-step practice offers many promises. Petty resentments will disappear, compassion will replace attack, the energy of resistance will transform into freedom and you’ll feel more peace and happiness than you’ve ever known. I can testify to these results because I...
Details Judgment Detox
Reviews Judgment Detox
- There have been a couple of Gabby’s books which literally were life changing for me. This wasn’t one of them. The first half felt forced and I almost didn’t finish it. I’m glad that I did, because I did feel that some of the last chapters were helpful.
- Bernstein dials back on the mysticism of her earlier works enough to make Judgment Detox accessible even to skeptics like me. The book provides a simple yet effective technique for identifying and eradicating resentment and its toxic effects from your day to day life. (Docked one star for the shout out she gives to Joel Osteen who this Houstonian isn’t yet enlightened enough to forgive for keeping his church closed during Harvey.)
- I've read most of Gabby Bernstein's books, and Judgment Detox will satisfy readers who love her forthright but loving teaching style. And like her other books, it will challenge readers to face plenty of uncomfortable thoughts and moments with the ultimate goal of freeing them from that unnecessary emotional weight.What I like best about this book is that she clearly and thoughtfully takes readers through techniques to acknowledge and address the...
- I am judgmental, a grudge-holder. I strive to be more compassionate with myself and others. This book gives six steps that, when practiced, lead one away from judgment and towards live.While I’ve not begun my own judgment detox, having read this book over the past week, I plan to go back and follow the steps. Journaling and meditation are two practices I’ve long wanted to do successfully, and tapping has interested me after hearing about it o...
- I found this to have a lot of truth that I can pull out and use within the Christian world view through which I process life. It was pan-theistic to a degree that I felt somewhat uncomfortable buying into it fully.I voluntarily read an advanced review copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley and offer my honest opinion in response.
- The concept of judgement holding us back is thought-provoking, Gabby makes it relatable & easy to understand giving a toolbox full of actionable directions to guide us back to a joyful & serene existence.
- Three stars but really this was between a 2 1/2 and 3. I thought the book was ok, and I did like it, but I find after having read a lot of her books, it is a lot of the same information recycled and re worded. There is certainly nothing earth shattering in the content, but there are a lot of great reminders of concepts I am already familiar with so overall, a pleasant read.
- This book was very in line with Gabby’s others. It was a very short read, everything was double-spaced and there were many pages that were quotes or meditations (which were nice, but a little reparative). I loved the general message. I am a judgmental person and I can always use a reminder that these judgements do not serve me or make me happier. I like how Gabby gives you tools and a clear-cut method for dealing with judgements. I also like he...
- As Gabby mentions in Judgement Detox I think the book came into my life when I needed it and was ready to receive the information. Even just realizing that I was judging made me stop and think about what I was doing and try to be more positive. I really loved the guided meditations that she gave in this book as well. There are so many little nuggets of information that I have taken from this book and already implemented into my life so that I fee...
- I received this book from Netgalley, and although I have loved her previous books, this one just did not resonate with me. I am assuming that it's me, and not the book, because everyone else seems to love it just as much as all of her others! I am a fan of her, but this one fell far short of my expectations. I thank the author and publisher for sending it to me, and I will buy her books in the future, and may come back to this at another time and...
- Best book to change the way we judge Just one word, Amazing!!! I started noticing how much i judge anyone and anything all the time after reading this book. And to solve i am practicing Gabby’s steps and they are so powerful. I am simply in love with this book. I already recommended this book to many needed souls 😍
- It all comes down to compassion and forgiveness. This is just what I needed to hear right now. Gabby has a kind way of calling us out for our judgement - of ourselves and others - and she offers concrete and helpful ways to change that behavior.
- "Every time you choose love instead of fear, you experience a miracle" I love Gabby Bernstein, I always feel lighter seems at peace when I read her stuff. I will definitely use this as a guide for meditation and forgiveness, for a while.
- Easy to read, I have tons of homework to do, but I like it, the homework is for my personal growth.
- I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was definitely helpful in letting go of judgement and focusing on love and compassion. It feels great to not judge others or myself!
- I always enjoy Gabrielle’s work. While there wasn’t anything tremendously new in Judgement Detox (being honest!), I found her study of judgement timely and helpful.
- A must read! Beautiful and Spiritually Enlightening.