A mutant potato learns that he’s pear-fect just the way he is in this bright, fun, and silly picture book from the creator of It Came in the Mail that will have kids collapsing in giggles (and rescuing the contents of the vegetable drawer).Rot is a mutant potato. Like most mutant potatoes, Rot loves all sorts of games and contests. So when he sees a sign for the “Cutest in the World Contest,” he can’t wait to enter.But when Rot realizes w...
Details Rot, the Cutest in the World!
Reviews Rot, the Cutest in the World!
- This had to be one of the funniest pictures books I saw all year. And the end message is loving yourself for who you are.
- Two words: Potato butt. 'Nuf said. :)
- My daughter adores this book. I gave it to her for Christmas and it’s been the bedtime choice 3 days in a row since. It’s funny, the kind of funny that’s accessible even to perceptive preschoolers- unibrows & sly jokes about rear ends.
- A nice variation on "the ugly duckling" in which, in the end, Rot decides he likes himself for whom he is instead of growing up to be beautiful. I mean, honestly, who grows up to be beautiful anyway? Not me, that's for sure.
- Cute is as cute does! But will Rot, the mutant potato, measure up on the cuteness scale when he enters a cuteness contest? This whimsical, silly, funny story, with perfectly matching illustrations, is sure to provoke laughter all the way to its cheeky end!
- OMG.Mutant potato butt cheeks.::SWOON::
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can’t wait to read this book aloud to my students. Some books just beg to be read aloud. This is one of them.
- An amusing and light picture book about a rotten potato hoping to win cutest in the world.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is cuteness. I can see how this will appeal to some young readers.