From Newbery Medal-winning author Matt de la Pena and bestselling illustrator Loren Long comes a story about the strongest bond there is and the diverse and powerful ways it connects us all. "In the beginning there is light and two wide-eyed figures standing near the foot of your bed and the sound of their voices is love....A cab driver plays love softly on his radiowhile you bounce in back with the bumps of the city and everything smells new, a...
- This book is everything I hoped it would be.
- Delaney loves "Love," so she gives it "twenty hundred" stars!!
- This is one of those books that you read slowly and digest the words along with the gorgeous illustrations that enhance the words with powerful beauty. It's also the kind of book that you're sad that you can never go back and read for the first time again. It disappoints you. But you'll remember the first time you read it and the feelings that it evoked. de la Pena and Long focus on slices of life and how they are enhanced by love with the final ...
- Absolute perfection in story and illustrations, this new book by Matt de la Pena and Loren Long, is one that should be shared with young and old alike. Love can be found in the simplest of things, and sometimes in things unnoticed. But this much is true, we all deserve to know love. I predict great things for this book in 2018!
- What is Love and where can one find it? De La Peña and Long do an excellent job working my tear ducts with this one. I’m this book, we are given a strong reminder that “all we need is love” and in the world of De La Peña, we simply have to look up to see it all around us. Beautifully stunning images paired with heartfelt words in a grand harmony.
- Run, don't walk to LOVE. Read LOVE slowly. Share LOVE locally. Gift LOVE widely.
- Poetic, gentle, thoughtful, emotional...a gorgeous illustrated look at life and love.
- Thoughtful meditation on love and all its facets. Beautifully illustrated featuring a multiculturally diverse cast of characters.
- This book is so frigging fantastic, I can't stand it. Every single page is a thing of beauty. If you want all the feels, read Love. Plus, if you haven't read Matt de la Peña's essay called Why We Shouldn’t Shield Children From Darkness, you really should. It's beautiful and specifically mentions Love.
- This book is not only for children. Rather, it is for the part of a person that never ages, the piece we never really lose as we grow. Give it a read; you won't regret it. The story itself is beautiful, and Loren Longs illustrations bring it to life.