Baru Cormormant's world was shattered by the Empire of Masks. To exact her revenge, she has clawed her way up razor-edged rungs of betrayal, sacrifice, and compromise, becoming the very thing she seeks to destroy.Now she strides in the Masquerade's halls of power. To save the world, she must tear it asunder ... and with it, all that remains of her soul.
Details The Monster Baru Cormorant (The Masquerade, #2)
Reviews The Monster Baru Cormorant (The Masquerade, #2)
- This book has certainly been one of my most hyped of 2018. Has it lived up to the hype? For me, absolutely. However, I can see some people being disappointed by it. Since this book won’t be out for a while, I don’t want to reveal too much. As such, the format of this review will be a little different than what I usually write.Plot: Monster starts right where Traitor ends, and we get another glimpse of That Scene with more insight. From there ...
- I don't normally rate books before they come out, but, really ... the first book was phenomenal. One of my top 10 favorite books. 100% expect this book to be just as good.Too bad we have to wait until 2018 ...02/20/18: Yes!! We finally have a cover! ❤❤ I don't normally rate books before they come out, but, really ... the first book was phenomenal. One of my top 10 favorite books. 100% expect this book to be just as good.Too bad we have to w...
- *pets Baru**Baru hisses and runs away*Both thrilling and sad, with an ending as horrifying - albeit in an entirely different, significantly grosser way - as TRAITOR. Cannot wait for the third!
- The first and only book to make me teary via paragraph justification.(I'll have more things to say about this one at some point, but I need sleep and I don't want to write anything too spoiler-y.)
- This is one of those books. One that will not let you rest. It will challenge you, it will seduce you, it will ensnare you, it will break you... and you're going to love every second of agony it brings you.The only fault I can find with this book is that the next book I pick up will feel totally inadequate in comparison.Oh, and I might actually go mad waiting for the continuation of Baru's story. So please, Mr Dickinson, write with all haste.
- Definitely going to need another pass on this one. A lot of new concepts, and honestly this one suffers more than the last from random scrabble-bag fantasy names. I love Tau, want more of Tau, but struggled to stick with this book. I'll re-read the first one and this one when it comes out in paperback, see if I can gain some additional clarity. Hardly turning me off the series though; just a definite 2nd book.
- RTC but if you haven't pre-ordered this book already, then what on earth are you waiting for?!