This FINAL VOLUME of Princess Jellyfish contains over 100 pages of exclusive bonus content for fans!FIT FOR A PRINCESSAs a brand, Jelly Fish comes to the conclusion that their dresses are for Amars, by Amars. After embracing the fact that they make clothes for weirdos, Tsukimi and the crew must figure out how to sell their styles! In true Amars fashion, these beloved otaku girls and eccentric boys struggle and fumble their way to their happy endi...
Details Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 9 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #9)
Reviews Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 9 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #9)
- Wow, it seems weird to have reached the end of this series at last. While this final volume was a lot of fun, I have to admit that it's not quite what I hoped for. It all felt a little rushed and was a bit open ended, leaving scope for future stories. However, there were also some very nice moments. I loved seeing the Amars don their armour and the reveal of Mejiro-sensei's identity actually made a lot of sense.Yet I didn't really like how padded...
- Rating is for the series overall...Just a quick note, this final volume is not actually a 2 in 1 volume like the others; instead it contains the final volume plus bonus color art and interviews, plus the first chapter of Akiko Higashimura’s next manga series. Not a complaint, just an observation. The color art, especially, is a treat.On to the manga as a whole. Overall, this was a really fun series (and for my fellow Blythe collectors, it conta...
- What a fitting end to the series. I think I like it even better than the live TV drama version. There's one scene with shadow figures like the shadow puppets from Utena, which I liked.After the story is complete, there is a TON of bonus content. Full color illustrations of the characters. Interviews with the author. And at the end, there's a bonus manga, the first chapter of Tokyo Tarareba Girls by Higashimura, about 30 year old women looking for...
- Another good volumes. This series was good. Like the art style.
- I’ve been reading/watching this series for 10 years now. I bawled at the ending. I love this series so much and it’s so important to have stories like this one!! However the ending... left much to be desired and was a bit rushed. (Also as always I love Hanamori
- I didn't realize this was the last volume until I received it, but it was a great ending. I actually like how it wasn't a clean ending with everyone paired off and things clearly going toward a certain end. There was a preview for her next series, and it looked even more relevant to my life, hahah. I'll have to check it out.
- I really enjoyed this series a lot. It's a great coming of age story filled with friendship, romance and awkward feelings. What makes it stand out? For me it's the characters. Nearly the entire cast is kind and friendly. Also, their struggle to save the place they call home doesn't change them overnight. They grow as characters but they still have their odd quirks and they still make mistakes. Besides the story, the art is so pretty. The beautifu...
- A long time ago, Kuragehime popped on my radar as an anime that I should probably watch. And I did. And it was AMAZING! So incredibly relatable, for my introverted-self. After finishing the anime, I devoured the manga. The anime was faithful to the manga (thank goodness) so I was able to dig in, extend my enjoyment. To be honest, my focus is the story rather than the medium, and Kuragehime hooked me from the very beginning until the end.It's rare...
- The ending of one of my favorite series! This was amazing, and made me want to reread the whole series. Hiashimura manages to write an interesting, fun, and emotional ending to this story, without wrapping it up all neat and perfect. There was a point while reading this, that I began to tear up, as one character's story has a very emotional climax in the story, that is done perfectly! This volume is really only one half the Princess Jellyfish sto...
- "I hope you'll keep on being true to the things you love. More free and more beautiful than anyone else... to the world's jellyfish princesses, with love."What an absolutely perfect ending to such an amazing series! I am going to miss reading Princess Jellyfish, but this is definitely a series I will come back to time and time again.
- The near perfect ending to my all-time favourite manga series.My heart is so full right now. It's been six years since I was first introduced to this series and my adoration for the characters and their story hasn't waned once.This is the weirdest compilation of characters and storylines ever and it shouldn't have worked as seamlessly as it did.
- A solid ending to a solid series. I admit that I ugly cried. This was perfection.The rest of the book includes all sorts of lovely fan tidbits like a gorgeous full colour gallery, jellyfish files, an interview with Akiko Higashimura, and preview chapter of her next manga.This series is probably one of my most favourite and deserves a read.
- That wrapped up fast. After so much being drawn out for a long time, we get BAM BAM BAM reveals and resolutions. Very tidy and perfect. Not very satisfying, though.I do love the dresses in the last volume and want a few of my own.
- An excellent conclusion to a fantastic series. Truly a classic and one I'll be thinking of for a long time. All the threads were wrapped up satisfactorily, with true heart. The art is appropriate and appealing. High recommend with few caveats.
- I can't believe it's over! I'm OK with the ending (especially what was done with the "love triangle"). I'm especially proud of Tsukimi, and I adore Kuranosuke (there may have been tears). I can't recommend this series enough!
- A great ending to a great series!
- Sorry to see this series end. The behind-the-scenes stuff in this volume was pretty cool, though.
- A perfect ending to an excellent manga.
- I wanted more from the ending but it wasn't wholly unsatisfying. Seemed rushed though.
- Ah! Amars 4ever! I just KNEW that if Banba ever got her hair off her face, she'd look exactly like a younger me. Yup, I was right, if younger me had been a manga character.
- I'm so glad this was a manga with a final, and it turned out nice, without unnecessary drama.
- Sad that it is over! I loved this quirky cast of characters. I think I am happy with the ending. It did feel a little rushed, considering that the rest of the series had a slower pace. Overall, I am happy this was my first Manga reading experience.