A Collection of poetry that uncovers the raw and heavy emotions that come with anxiety, trauma, and other experiences. Part two takes you into the healing, bringing the light, the meditation, the beauty in finding oneself after all the chaos has passed. & finally, you're left wanting to start your next chapter; the one that comes after the semicolon.
Details Semicolon ;
|Release Date||Nov 11th, 2017|
Reviews Semicolon ;
- Full review at my book blog*I was a beta reader for McKayla's collection*The poetry collection is divided into two sections, or rather two separate "sentences" which are connected by a semicolon. The first section/sentence concerns a painful, numb existence. McKayla's descriptions are tangible to the point you feel as if you are a spectator. There is haunting imagery throughout the first section, so please make sure to read the content warnings. ...
- I have read a lot more poetry this year than in previous years, and it's been stunning. I'll be honest, though: This one I picked up purely for my love of the semicolon. And the poetry collection inside is framed like a sentence with the actual correct use of a semicolon; not quite a new sentence, but not quite with the same feel of the first part of the sentence. In Semicolon ;, we have we have "Darkness", then "Light." And boy does the dark get...
- semicolon; is a collection of poems that dives into the pains and worries in a troubled bodyand soul. there is no hesitation in revealing all the emotions and thoughts that come withsurviving traumatic experiences. however, after the hurt, the light begins to seep throughand mckayla debonis takes you through the process of pouring honey into your bones, thegentle love that begins to flourish when you realize that your sentence isn’t over; yourl...
- I didn’t even think I needed this book in my life and then I read the first poem. Then poem after poem, the author let me into their world. This collection of poetry may be short, but it’s everything you didn’t know you needed. The author transports you into her world, shows you the life she’s lived, and makes you feel exactly what she was feeling in the moment. This book will take you on a journey you didn’t know you needed to take, bu...
- Semicolon is a beautiful voice from a beautiful soulSemicolon was beautiful the first read through, and better the second. I'm grateful these words were shared with us. There is such a personal voice to each poem. I can't wait for more. This is a must read for anyone, and I would recommend to anyone~
- I was also lucky enough to be a BETA reader for this book. I thought Semicolon; was both beautiful and well written. The imagery and descriptive details within such short poems are astounding. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever read really and the way some of the poems are written are so unique. I love Semicolon; for how relatable it is. For people who suffer from depression, anxiety, body dysmorphia, self-harm, anxiety, etc., this book is really...
- I was very lucky to be an early reader for Semicolon and I’m so happy I had the opportunity! Semicolon is a wonderful body of work and you can tell that the author, McKayla, put a lot of thought into everything placed in the book. This book covers topics like anxiety, depression, and much more - making her readers feel less alone. It’s so relatable it hurts. The book is split into two pieces (or sentences), a portrayal of the darkness that is...
- Wow! The poems of anxiety and empowerment tugged at my heart. Thank you for putting anxiety into words. I love the imagery.
- EmotionalGreat message . I Really loved the rawness and the vulnerability . The growth was exceptional and emotional. Great read.
- Strength and vulnerabilityI was affected by McKayla's letters to her younger self, at a time when she was feeling so low she was suicidal. There's a lot of emotion to process in this book as a reader.