#MeToo: Essays About How and Why This Happened, What It Means and How To Make Sure It Never Happens AgainMore than 16 million people had posted their #MeToo story and support against sexual harassment by mid-October as a reaction to Rose McGowan’s brave admission that she had allegedly been raped by Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. A groundswell of reaction to and exposure of this sexual predation was unleashed that has spread throughout Europ...
Details #MeToo Essays About How and Why This Happened, What It Means and How to Make Sure it Never Happens
|Title||#MeToo Essays About How and Why This Happened, What It Means and How to Make Sure it Never Happens|
|Release Date||Nov 3rd, 2017|
|Publisher||Riverdale Avenue Books|
Reviews #MeToo Essays About How and Why This Happened, What It Means and How to Make Sure it Never Happens
- #MeTooBefore I begin, please be warned that there are potential sexual assault triggers in this book and possibly this review. If you have a #MeToo story, whether you’ve shared it or not, whether it happened yesterday or decades ago, you are stronger than you think you are and healing is possible.#MeToo - Essays About How and Why This Happened, What it Means and How to Make Sure it Never Happens Again delivers what it promises. While I personal...
- Essays by a cross section of America from people who worked inside Hollywood, romance writers, journalists, an HR professional, politicians, etc.
- While some were more insightful than others, these essays managed to illustrate strong connections between gender inequality, toxic masculinity, and misogyny in a meaningful way.
- Average Rating: 3.29 stars. This is a difficult review to write. I by no means want to take away from the importance of the #MeToo hashtag, but this book definitely had its flaws. I wish I could give it five stars simply for the importance of subject matter, but I can’t. I’m going to divide my review into sections based on the essays themselves.--Remembering Patricia Douglas, the First Woman to Call Out Hollywood for Sexual Assault: 5 stars. ...
- such an incredibly powerful, inspiring and educational book. Such an important issue and something needs to change. Would recommend giving this a read, even if it’s just an extract or two as it is full of such meaning. I like how it is free, everybody needs to know about this book and campaign. #MeToo x
- Bravo to this important book,Finally a stand is being taken,we will no longer be harassed assulted tormented by men who view women as theirs to take touch ,assault,&yesvas we hear daily men are also assaulted so we as humans need to stand together,No More.This book must be read passed from person to person& hopefully there will be follow up.5=stars is the highest rating but this book deserves a standing ovation buy it share it speak the truth. #M...