The biggest lie of all is the story you think you already know.The del Cisne girls have never just been sisters; they’re also rivals, Blanca as obedient and graceful as Roja is vicious and manipulative. They know that, because of a generations-old spell, their family is bound to a bevy of swans deep in the woods. They know that, one day, the swans will pull them into a dangerous game that will leave one of them a girl, and trap the other in the...
Details Blanca & Roja
Reviews Blanca & Roja
- ARC provided by Macmillan in exchange for an honest review.Flawless. ❤ RTC after Contemporary-a-thon!Anna-Marie McLemore's books keep getting more queer and I'm just over here getting more hyped. ❤ 💛💚💙💜Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | TwitchBuddy read with May, Julianna, Courtney, Amy, & Jen! ❤
- One of my new favourite books of all time. The writing in this is absolutely breathtaking. The characters are lovely and heartbreaking. The relationships are nuanced and dynamic. Seriously, it was amazing!
- I didn’t think it was possible but now I really hate swans// buddy read with fic trash and asmr queen
- Lyrical, emotional and ultimately about the deepest kind of love.
- Anna-Marie is just THAT good. She's done it again.
- I MEAN. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY? It's her 4th book and she keeps getting better, that's all you CAN say....Achy, gorgeous, and MAGNIFICENT.
- ACTUAL RATING: 4.5 STARS
- One of the most beautiful books I've ever read. Not just because of the language--which is divine--but because of the characters, and how real and aching and powerful they are, and how the love between them feels like a tangible thing that you can wrap yourself up inside even as it guts you. I feel so tender toward these characters that I spent the last fourth of the book in tears, and books hardly ever make me cry.I'm incoherent with love.
- A lyrical, stunningly beautiful book about sisterhood, family, love, and identity, this is magical realism at its best. Blanca & Roja is a modern retelling that is Snow White & Rose Red meets Swan Lake featuring two Latina sisters and a family curse that will turn one of them into a swan. So many themes are woven into this story I'm sure I will leave something out, but at its heart, it is a book about loving others and loving yourself as you are ...
- No coherent words are coming out of me right now. Full review to come!
- I have really enjoyed all the things Anna-Marie has written, but this one really tugged on my heart because of the fairytale elements and the sister relationship. Beautiful writing, as always.
- *4.5 stars* I mean, it’s Anna-Marie, so I expected it to be good, but this was EXCELLENT. Review TK!
- ARC provided by Macmillan in exchange for an honest review.While I think Anna-Marie McLemore’s style of writing might not be for everyone, I was so pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Blanca y Roja. I was absolutely blown away by this book. From the first page I was fully immersed in the lives and world of the del Cisne sisters. I truly believe this is one of the most beautiful books I’ll have ever read.This is a story of two sisters: ...
- just. phenomenal.