Bedtime has never been so silly!Every night it’s the same old story. A boy wants to stay up late, but his parents won’t let him. But sometimes in the morning, he notices things look a little off—like when he sees a disco ball in the kitchen…with his toy duck on it. So one night he decides to stay up. And that’s when the fun really begins.Silliness builds with each page of this high-energy, pun-filled companion to Duck in the Fridge unti...
Details Duck on a Disco Ball
|Title||Duck on a Disco Ball|
|Release Date||Nov 1st, 2018|
Reviews Duck on a Disco Ball
- My 5yr old enjoyed this book. It's just as good as Duck In the Fridge and I loved reading both books to my son. The pictures are so amusing!I chose Duck on a Disco Ball as my Kindle First Reads pick for October for my son since I've got plenty of books to read right now. He loved it and then I found Duck in the Fridge on Kindle Unlimited which made it even better! Woohoo!
- A young boy doesn't want to go to bed at night because he suspects that his parents are up to mischief at night. He keeps finding his stuffed duck in unusual places and thinks his parents are doing fun things without him. So one night he sneaks out of bed to spy and sure enough he discovers his parents are party animals. And yet the next morning the mess is completely cleaned up. Except for the stuffed duck in an unusual place. Jeff Mack has crea...
- Such a laughI'm not the right age group for this but who cares, it was such fun. What a great book. I love the jokes and the colourful pictures. Get this for your kids, your grand kids or just for you. It's a very quick and very silly read.
- I liked itMy favorite part was the toys. Also I liked telling my dad the donut joke. The duck was my favoriteCharacter, especially when he was on the disco ballAdrianJames
- Cute book for small children
- There are a lot of parents on a lot of different nights that have to convince their children that they need their rest when it comes to bedtime. This little guy is no different. He likes to make excuses as to why he shouldn’t go to bed or why he wouldn’t be able to sleep. In the mornings when this little guy wakes up he notices things that are just a little odd. One particular morning his favorite duck was found in the kitchen atop a disco ba...
- What happens after I go to sleep? What do mom and dad really get up to? And why was my duck on a disco ball this morning? These are the unusual questions one little boy sets out to answer as he stays up past bedtime, sneaks downstairs, and sees...something unbelievable! Jeff Mack’s Duck On A Disco Ball is a giggle-snort inducing page turner from start to finish! With pitch-perfect storytelling, Mack takes little readers on one wildly unforgetta...
- Really fun bookMy first grader and I read this together the first time. We had fun reading the voice balloons from each character. It really tickled my son. The illustrations and writing are both excellent. I think the way it is written keeps a child's attention, and also adds an additional teaching element in that close attention must be paid to keep track of which characters are speaking. I recommend this book.
- Another adorable duck storyI have several duck stories and I enjoy the cute antics that duck gets into that are typical of children. This book tells what duck gets into with the child's parents at night. The illustrations are so cute and there are lots of speech bubbles to read on most pages.
- Fun Story With Lots of ActionI'm sure my grandson would live this book. He's at the age when he feels he's missing out.Great art and fun comics...jokes, puns. Just wish the words would have been a bit bigger for kindle.
- This was one of those free books from Amazon Prime. I saw the title and decided to give the picture book a try. Turns out it had nothing to do with disco. Ugh. Should have titled it Duck Goes to a Party. Oh well.
- CuteThis was a cute book. My son use to think my husband and I had popcorn parties when he was little. I enjoyed the little jokes and the memories it brought up of my kids when they were little. My youngest loved the vivid pictures and the jokes as well.
- Free book for me on kindle because of amazon prime. I have no kids of my iwn but ive got a few nephews. Figured it would be nice to be able go read them something when i see them( the ildest ones are 3 years old). This book fits the bill well enough.
- How disappointing!My first purchase of a children’s book for my Kindle! Totally disappointed! I bought this to read to my 3 yr old grandchildren, totally unsuitable! Want my money back! It’s not really a story book, more of a comic!
- Funny!!!!Definitely going to read this to my boys. On the other hand, they might think all this excitement is going on while they are sleep. And the jokes were laugh out loud funny.
- An okay bookAs a retired reading specialist I would not read this to my students. I didn't find it interesting and I think the students would agree me. It wasn't appealing at all. Cute illustrations and too many speech bubbles.
- Super cute book about a child wondering what his parents are up to at night. He has a very vivid imagination as to what they do, including eating junk food and partying all night. The illustrations made the book. I look forward to reading this one to my niece when she's older.
- Simply adorableOh my gosh. This book was a complete riot. Wouldn't it be great if we could have a party like that. Loved the story. Quick but so sweet. And the illustrations were beautiful.
- Too Cute!I read this adorable book to a very special little person . I had story time with my great nephew. We laughed as we turned each page! This is a must-read to any little person in your life
- AmazingI highly suggest reading this! It is so cute! Great Book!! I wish I could read more. I was sad when it ended. Read this book to your kids if they ask why adults get to stay up later.
- Daughters (5&6) liked it a lotThe text was easy for them to read. They took turns reading and enjoyed it. For sure would recommend for new readers.
- A fun kids book. I never knew what my parents did when I was asleep but then I never thought to ask. Colorful and imaginative with a few good puns.
- Not sure I can explain this to a kidGood illustrations. But too far fetched for my apparently limited mind. I would not read this to my child or anyone’s child.
- Fun nighttime reading for kids and their parents!Cute tale about what happens when Mommy and Daddy stay up after the kids go to bed, complete with silly animals and lots of puns!
- Good book!Clever book with great illustrations. Approved by my 4 year old. Would read other books by Jeff Mack. High marks.
- Easy read for kidsEasy read for kids, and little different than usual books. Sad, it's a short book. Could have been little longer.
- Duck, Duck, WHAT?Very nice kid book, that I enjoyed. (Shhh I'm only a kid at heart now days). Pictures are great. Looking forward to the next book.
- Cute kids bookSuch a cute kids book. A little busy with all the word bubbles. Glad it was free this month on prime.
- Great kids storyMy kids liked this and told me to give it 5 starsI thought it was more like four stars
- Cute bookChildren often wonder what goes on in the house after they've gone to bed. This whimsical idea is full of engaging pictures and lots of puns.