From New York Times bestselling author and former Navy SEAL Brandon Webb comes a simple yet powerful five-step guide to transforming your life by making your fears work for you instead of against you.Brandon Webb has run life-threatening missions in the world's worst trouble spots, whether that meant jumping out of airplanes, taking down hostile ships on the open sea, or rolling prisoners in the dead of night in the mountains of Afghanistan. As a...
Details Mastering Fear
Reviews Mastering Fear
- See this review and more at www.TheRealBookSpy.comAs a critic, my area of expertise is fiction — more specifically, the thriller genre, especially political, spy, and military thrillers. . . anything with action. I read books about people who do extraordinary things, but they all have one thing in common (well, two if you count stopping nuclear attacks, because they all stop nuclear attacks at some point): they’re all fictional. When I’m no...
- "You're never safe."I can't tell you how much I needed to read that. That quote is, for me, the absolute core of Mastering Fear. I took a lot of notes while I read this, and pulled a lot of quotes, but in the end, it really all boils down to that. We are never safe and fear never really goes away, so we simply have to do our best and act.I'm certain that every concept in this book has been said before in many ways; that's sort of the nature of se...
- So I've listened to the audiobook and it was the first time I was listening to something like that. I really enjoyed it actually. I don't thing that anything new was said in the book but it's all about finding what you need to hear/write. I wouldn't say that this book is useful but it gives you some understanding of your fear and how to live with them... Because yes, fear is natural.
- Best book I have read in 2018! When I saw the cover of the book I knew I had to get my hands on it. The cover is unique and simple. A yellow background with a man representing a warrior type of a person on a horse killing a lion with a spear. Might sound mythological to some or hypothetical to others. It has a significance to the context of the book. I urge you whatever thought comes into your mind after grasping the cover image from both of your...
- I am always fascinated by navy seal, have been reading and watching documentaries about them. I didn't hesitate to pick up this book when I saw "Mastering Fear" by a former navy seal agent. A very credible writer to share an experience of mastering fear. What I like most is that he acknowledges the fact that fear is always to stay but we can leverage it and turn it into an engine. Very practical tips, he breaks it down into minor steps which are ...
- The art of making decisions and mastering your life. Obviously, there is nothing 'new' here per se, just the tone and encouragement contained that sets this apart from other self help books1.Make a decision2. Curating your environment3. The power of rehersal4.Stretching your circle of competence5. You are never really really safe!
- This is a great mix of blunt challenge and encouragement. I don't agree with him about the inevitability of fear at times like the end of life (I don't fear death at all, thanks to how God has entered my life), but I appreciated his clarity and motivation around the process of facing our fears and deciding to move forward.
- The most powerful book available on how to transform fear and move beyond what paralyzes, with counter-intuitive tactics developed from one of the toughest teams in the World. Mastering Fear offers innovative strategies with proven effectiveness both personally and professionally, making it a must read for anyone looking to lead with confidence, clarity and purpose.
- One of my favorite books of the year! All of us are afraid of something. Fear can cripple you, or it can fuel you. Webb shares the four stages of mastering fear: Decision; Rehearsal; Letting Go; Jumping Off.He used these stages in his training as a Navy SEAL and in helping a friend who was terrified of water learn to swim. This is a very quick read, but it is profound in its insights.
- If you are a Navy SEAL and you write a book then I will definitely buy it. You can take that to the bank.This book talks about why we have fear and how to face fear head on and how fear can help you in life. We can use fear to our advantage.
- This book definitely gave me a different way to look at fear in my own life. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone living with an overabundance of fear and anxiety in their lives.
- "Mastering Fear" was Stevo's Business Book of the Week for the week of 8/26, as selected by Stevo's Book Reviews on the Internet. https://amzn.to/2PFTxcL
- It was well written but didn’t really impart any useful knowledge
- Actually, this was excellent.
- Good book, nice take to the concept of fear