OVERSIZED FIRST ISSUE! Chocolate, vanilla, existential horror, drug addiction, musical fantasy…there’s a flavor for everyone’s misery. ICE CREAM MAN is a genre-defying comic book series featuring disparate “one-shot” tales of sorrow, wonder, and redemption. Each installment features its own cast of strange characters, dealing with their own special sundae of suffering. And on the periphery of all of them, like the twinkly music of his c...
Details Ice Cream Man #1
Reviews Ice Cream Man #1
- Rick is an old-fashioned ice cream man out to serve as many happy customers as possible. What’s your favourite flavour - vanilla, chocolate? He’ll serve it up to you lickety split! J/K, LOL! Of course that’s not what this series is about - would anyone publish anything so mundane? But I went into Ice Cream Man #1 not knowing a single thing about the title or what to expect and I think that worked in its favour because I really enjoyed the s...
- Very strange from the get-go but it definitely held my attention.2.5 - I liked this but not enough to round it up.
- Very weird and very interesting. I'm not really sure what to make of it.
- i— i wasn’t not expecting that. i wasn’t expecting much, really. i’ll certainly be keeping up with the series because i have to know what the hell is going on in this town.
- This was creepy as hell 👀
- Fear and Loathing and An Ice Cream TruckAny comic featuring a cheerful, brightly colored, ice cream truck and a police detective noting that "the woman's carrying her cat's skeleton around in her purse", is doing something right.This is a series of one-shot weird tales, featuring sorrow, suffering, and angst, tied together by a crisp, clean demon and a dry, deadpan narrative style. In this one there's something wrong happening in the neighborhood...
- Well that was super creepy and wonderful. I'm not even sure what to say except that if you see this, buy it. Dang. (I know this isn't really a helpful review, but I'm not even sure what I read yet, lol.)
- Great artwork and some nicely written dialogue. The setup and introduction of characters is intriguing. The second half becomes so over-the-top the story falls apart. Prince ends up trying just a little too hard for this to work.
- A perfectly weird comic, weird as weird can be. Lickety split. Can’t wait for more.