OVERSIZED FIRST ISSUE! Chocolate, vanilla, existential horror, drug addiction, musical fantasy…there’s a flavor for everyone’s misery. ICE CREAM MAN is a genre-defying comic book series featuring disparate “one-shot” tales of sorrow, wonder, and redemption. Each installment features its own cast of strange characters, dealing with their own special sundae of suffering. And on the periphery of all of them, like the twinkly music of his c...
Details Ice Cream Man #1
Reviews Ice Cream Man #1
- Rick is an old-fashioned ice cream man out to serve as many happy customers as possible. What’s your favourite flavour - vanilla, chocolate? He’ll serve it up to you lickety split! J/K, LOL! Of course that’s not what this series is about - would anyone publish anything so mundane? But I went into Ice Cream Man #1 not knowing a single thing about the title or what to expect and I think that worked in its favour because I really enjoyed the s...
- Very strange from the get-go but it definitely held my attention.2.5 - I liked this but not enough to round it up.
- Very weird and very interesting. I'm not really sure what to make of it.
- i— i wasn’t not expecting that. i wasn’t expecting much, really. i’ll certainly be keeping up with the series because i have to know what the hell is going on in this town.
- This was creepy as hell 👀
- Fear and Loathing and An Ice Cream TruckAny comic featuring a cheerful, brightly colored, ice cream truck and a police detective noting that "the woman's carrying her cat's skeleton around in her purse", is doing something right.This is a series of one-shot weird tales, featuring sorrow, suffering, and angst, tied together by a crisp, clean demon and a dry, deadpan narrative style. In this one there's something wrong happening in the neighborhood...
- Well that was super creepy and wonderful. I'm not even sure what to say except that if you see this, buy it. Dang. (I know this isn't really a helpful review, but I'm not even sure what I read yet, lol.)
- Great artwork and some nicely written dialogue. The setup and introduction of characters is intriguing. The second half becomes so over-the-top the story falls apart. Prince ends up trying just a little too hard for this to work.
- Not too often you see anthology comics anymore, but that's what Ice Cream Man is set to be: each issue will be a one-shot taking place in the same universe and (presumably) centering around the Ice Cream Man. This was an interesting issue. The art is well done and the style fits the tone well. The story felt a little off. Not necessarily bad since it held my interest the whole time, just like something was lacking. A bit early to really judge the...
- Interesting concept, with a 'gonzo-esque' feel to the artwork. Too early to give any real idea of plot or theme, but it seems to be veering towards 'do bad shit, get bad shit back'.I do have a sneaking suspicion that this title will work better in it's eventual TP form rather than individual issues as the narrative flow will work better in my opinion.*Review copy received courtesy of Image comics
- Very interesting first issue. Kinda throws the creepiness of Ice Cream Men into another genre. Part werewolf, part super spider, part creepy kid that never said anything after his parents died. I like the artwork and the storyline is interesting. Don't know if it rates an issue #2 buy at this point but we shall see.
- This was a strange read.Don't know were this story is going and to be honest not sure it will be my cup of tea. But I just have to read the next issue... :)(also, I hate spiders! I really do! That part was creepy as hell)
- This was interesting, but I have no interesting in continuing with it. I like the horror anthology concept, but aside from it being a spider (which I am really scared of), I didn't find much in this that was scary or that I haven't seen before. But it's worth checking out for sure!
- A perfectly weird comic, weird as weird can be. Lickety split. Can’t wait for more.