Meet the little leaders. They're brave. They're bold. They changed the world. Did you know that WIFI was invented by a glamorous Hollywood star?Or that the first computer programmer was a woman born in 1816? These amazing little leaders have changed the world, all because they were talented, clever, and above all, determined.In the follow up to her beloved debut Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History, Vashti Harrison introduces little reader...
Details Little Dreamers
Reviews Little Dreamers
- This book is so beautiful, in so many ways. The author has adorable illustrations on every page, and the mini biographies of these amazing women are just enough to pique your curiosity. Thankfully, she's added lots of different kind of resources at the back - I found myself looking in to quite a few of these remarkable stories. HIGHLY recommend for females of all ages - Inspirational.
- This beautifully illustrated book features true stories of 40 women creators all over the world. The women featured ranges from inventors, artists, scientists, and writers who inspire and educates people. The book includes the famous architect Zaha Hadid, actor Hedy Lamar, physicist Chien-Shiung Wu, and many others. The book was artistically done and written beautifully. I found the book to be inspiring and enjoyable to read. However, I found the...
- This is the follow up to Little Dreamers: Bold Women in Black History. An excellent collection for young readers to get inspired by learning about incredible women from all over the world
- Absolutely wonderful. Straightforward, interesting, educational. A tiny book filled with unbelievable and remarkable stories. Each mini-biography is accompanied by an adorable illustrated portrait. Inspiring in every way.
- I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.Little Dreamers: Visionary Women Around the World was beautifully written with amazing illustrations! It was only after starting this post that I realized all of the women have their eyes closed. I wonder if there's a reason or significance for that? Rega...
- I thought this book was so cute! I really enjoyed reading small samples of the stories each women had to tell. I loved how this focused on women in math, science, dance, and art. I think it is important for young girls to start believing in themselves and reach for their biggest dreams. When I read this I kept thinking about my two young nieces (5 and 4) and their personalities and their dreams and passions well for this moment. I also love how w...
- A perfect companion piece to her first book, "Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History." The book is full of the stories of women around the world, whose contributions include art, math, science, astronomy, dance, costume design, computer programming, space exploration and more. I had not heard of many of the women included in this book; yet the contributions of the women in this book make the world what it is today.
- This book shines a light on women who may not be known for their contributions to the world. Highlighting the importance of women in society encourages other little leaders do that same thing! This book explores women or all color.It's so important to teach young people about the less acknowledged, females who had an impact on the way we live our everyday lives! the illustrations are kid friendly and colorful. The sentences are short and make the...
- Wonderful! I met so many new and incredible women whose contributions to history, art, and science were previously unknown to me. Thank you Vashti Harrison for these beautiful and concise biographies that teach so much!
- A richly illustrated beautiful book highlighting women who have made their mark in the world in big ways. The book features 36 full page biographies and 18 half page biographies. Very child friendly and easy to read.
- Another excellent entry in this series. Easy to read and incredibly informative about the women that contributed to their perspective fields. Bravo, Ms. Harrison!
- Great short motivational stories about incredible women.
- I love this follow up to Little Leaders. The artwork is beautiful and I really like that the people selected go beyond the typical ones found in this kind of book.
- Breathtakingly beautiful and utterly inspirational!
- A collection of mini-biographies featuring "visionary women around the world" that will introduce readers to some new and some familiar faces but all incredible fierce females.