Women’s sexuality is used as a weapon against them. In this stunning debut, Britteney Black Rose Kapri lends her unmistakable voice to fraught questions of identity, sexuality, reclamation, and power, in a world that refuses Black Queer women permission to define their own lives and boundaries.
Details Black Queer Hoe
Reviews Black Queer Hoe
- Buy this book. Anything I could say about it would be inadequate.
- Thank you Edelweiss+ and Haymarket Books for this advanced eGalley of "Black Queer Hoe".embarrassing white folks and f*ckboys is my american pastime. this book isn't an invitation. i am not your therapist or here to validate that one time you stood up to your grandpa by telling him colored was outdated. don't applaud yourselves. instead show a Black woman you appreciate them. all we want is reparations and to be left the f*ck alone.If ever there ...
- One of the many fun things about reading this in public is when an old white dude insists on knowing what you're reading, so you tell him and watch the horror-confusion wash over him, slowly, from his New Balance sneakers all the way to his balding pate.I would read a granola recipe called Queer Black Hoe, so why wouldn't you want to read a whole book with that title? Do it.
- This book is EVERYTHING. #requiredreading
- I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review and wow, this book. Preorder it now because it deserves to be read all over by everyone. That said, I feel very aware in writing this review that Black Queer Hoe isn't written *for me*. It's very clear that Black Rose Kapri writes for Black Femmes specifically and unapologetically - and I appreciate that so much about her work. The line "Spent the past twenty-nine years working...
- Run to get this book, order it, get it delivered to all your devices just read it some kinda way right now.
- This collection was not for me. However, I highly recommend heeding the author's advice and reading it aloud. It is there that one can appreciate the rhythm... the poetry... in this collection.
- Part Citizen, part Issa Rae rapping in the mirror. All good, startlingly original and fun and sad and alive, so so alive!
- This collection is so damn good.