In a world where magic is an ordinary part of daily life, two young apprentice veterinarians pursue their dreams of caring for supernatural creatures. Have you ever wondered where witches' cats go when they pull a claw? Or what you do with a pygmy phoenix with a case of bird flu? Nan and Clarion have you covered. They're the best veterinarian witches of all time—at least they're trying to be. But when an injured spectral wolf beast from anothe...
Details Hex Vet
Reviews Hex Vet
- I like this sweet story for a wide range of age groups. The deeper messages about acceptance and looking past the surface/ignoring gossip was well couched in mystical creatures and witches-in-training. It is short, sweet, and heartwarming. Bugbear was my favorite.
- 3.5 starsAdorable art, appealing characters, and I particularly like the cute-creepy mashup stuff in the weeks right before Hallowe'en....
- Overall I liked this, but wow, could no one at the publisher have proofread? So many errors in such a short book. :(
- Short, quick, relatively engaging...only problem was it lacked a conclusion. Is this first in a series? So many things left hanging at the end. The moral lesson(s) was/were there (and concluded), but it left me hanging in the same manner as The Two Towers, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and Matrix Reloaded. So I'm on the fence about recommending it to a younger reader...maybe it would inspire them to draw their own conclusions and ma...
- I'm SO excited that this is the third graphic novel I've read in the last week or two; and, just like the first two, this is also a FIVE STAR book! It was absolutely adorable and had an important message for middle grade kids that is also something everyone else needs reminded of from time to time. This didn't disappoint me at all. Witches? Heck yes! Magical creatures? Boo-yah! Witch Vet Clinic? Woah!! The illustrations are very appealing to the ...
- Nan and Clarion, two witch-vets in training, are apprentices at a magical veterinary clinic. The doctor leaves them in charge of the animals when she's suddenly called away, and the two must work together to prevent a bunny with hypnotic powers from hexing all of the animals in their care. Seems like a fun, action-packed series that combines two things many readers will enjoy - magic and animals!
- Boom Studios sent me an e-ARC and I loved it. We have already ordered a copy for our library shelves. The illustration style is very eye catching. The story is fun and sweet and I can see various age groups enjoying this story. I really hope that there will be other installments in the future because I can see it becoming very popular among our GN readers, as well as readers of fantasy, friendship books, animal books, and more. More Buggy, please...
- There's cute art in this book but the dialog and the story structure fail to meet up with incredible premise the book presents. It might still work for kids under ten but it doesn't have enough interesting characters or animals, or stories with stakes, to appeal to the kind of kid who likes to reread books.
- I loved this graphic novel with its clever cast of characters including mythical creatures, imagined animal maladies and its own social order. I can't wait to read more about these apprentice witches!!
- So cute! And with a message of kindness and acceptance, it's a great story for any age group. What happens when two witches in training are left in charge of the vet's office? Magical illnesses, daring escapes, and new creatures abound in this beautifully drawn story. Original and clever!
- The art was cute, but this felt very unfinished. A little more world-building and character-development would not go amiss. Younger elementary students, though, will be attracted to the art and the action and not care as much about somewhat inconsistent characterization.
- I love the concept (witches-in-training at a veterinary clinic for magical creatures!), artwork, and color scheme, but I agree with other readers that the story arc felt incomplete. I would definitely read any follow-up installments if this becomes a series.
- Thank you BOOM! Studios for my e-ARC! This is such a cute story and would be perfect for lovers of magic, animals, and working together. I'll definitely be gifting some people with a copy this holiday season.
- Adorable in so many ways. Wonderful art and cute characters. I really hope we get more, as I would love to get to know these characters more. In fact, that is the only folly: I want to know more and feel like this is just a chapter out of a much bigger universe waiting to be developed and shared.
- What’s not to love about this sweet little graphic novel?
- This is a really cute graphic novel! Bright graphics and team work.
- Dialogue read like clunky video game conversations.
- a really cute story for young readers!! I hope there will be more, because I could see this becoming a really fun series.
- full of delightfully strange creatures with even more delightful ailments. kids will love the tense action and the sweet young witches who save the day.
- This was very cute and some great messages about compassion, forgiveness, accountability, and acceptance. I really hope this story continues.