A survival manual for ambitious artists entrepreneurs ADVENTURERS You have a Hydra: a grand, ambitious project you’ve always wanted to tackle. It feels overwhelming, unconquerable. Chop off one of a Hydra’s heads, and two more grow in its place. How will you ever defeat such a terrifying monstrosity – and live to tell the tale? In this illuminating fable, productivity expert Josh Kaufman explores the uncertainty and fear inherent in faci...
Details How to Fight a Hydra
Reviews How to Fight a Hydra
- Interesting ReadWhile reading I felt the philosophy of Bhagavad Gita in some places, in the end author mentioned it.It's a wake up call for those who are afraid of performing their duty, thinking about result even before starting
- A short and sweet book about the adventurer's lifestyle---about facing your fears and accomplishing great things. I read it in about half an hour, and it lands at exactly the right length. Invaluable advice for taking risks and achieving greatness.
- Short and sweet. I have the Kindle copy but listened to the whole thing on Audible (around 1 hour and 30 minutes) during several commutes in one day.What it's aboutThe core part of the story is the main character's pursuit of the hydra. (The audiobook narrated that part in roughly 1 hour. The sound effects and silences added to the atmosphere of the performance.) The story did a great job in turning the amorphous fear of a big undertaking into so...
- Original and enjoyableThis was original. A very short and easy read, but one worth perusing again and contemplating. Kaufman is right: metaphor is powerful and helpful in addressing challenges in life and work. Bravo!
- A short but a gem of a book. Right up there with other inspirational classics such as "As a Man Thinketh" or "The Richest Man in Babylon." It may seem as a simple book at first glance, but there is a lot to absorb and does warrant many rereads.
- It’s a short book that I read in about an hour but the premise was fantastic. I love having the setting as a medieval warrior going to battle that teaches you about entrepreneurship.
- It is a short book but I think it's the exact right length. It kept my interest throughout and gave me some inspiration to finally start a project I have been preparing for *wink wink* for ages.