San Francisco's Millennium restaurant is renowned for its elegant, intriguing, and delicious vegetarian fare. Very low-fat, this sophisticated and inviting food draws from a world of culinary influences. With full-color photographs, an ingredient glossary, and an introduction to the techniques of dairy- and egg-free cooking.
Details The Millennium Cookbook
Reviews The Millennium Cookbook
- Top notch vegan cookery that will be enjoyed by even the most die-hard meat lover. These recipes are NOT all simple or easy, but they are absolutely amazing and contain the most complex flavors and beautiful gourmet presentations. This is the book to use when making your loved one a special celebratory meal. The Grapefruit & Avocado Salad with Lime-Pickled Onions & Grapefruit Miso Mojo Dressing is out of this world. The Orechiette with Red Lentil...
- One of the all time greats.You can’t go wrong here - but give yourself plenty of time to prepare
- Millennium is my favorite restaurant and I love having their cookbooks. However, the recipes are very complicated and contain many ingredients, and some of the ingredients are not those easy to find in your neighborhood supermarket. For experienced cooks and vegans/vegetarians who can't make it to San Francisco for a meal, or those who cannot financially afford a pricey meal, some might be motivated to make these recipes. I do know a couple of pe...
- Millennium by far is my favorite restaurant ever. I really love this cookbook for when I want to make some fancy pants food. It's not really an everyday cookbook; rather, think of it as a dinner party cookbook. Many of the recipes contain ingredients that many of us wouldn't have in our pantry and are multi-step. The desserts are killer.
- i am not, and could never be, a vegan. but this is a great cookbook. try the bolognese and tell me you don't love it, even though there is no meat.looking forward to working my way through more of these recipes when i'm back in the states, and can afford groceries on the dollar, as opposed to the euro.
- I love this book, but mostly because I love the food at the restaurant. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars to this book is because I just don't have the patience or time for most of the recipes. However, if you have the time, patience and ingredients it is an exceptional recipe book
- This is one of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks. Very unique, inspired recipes. The pumpkin chocolate cake with ganache icing is an all-time favorite. I make it every year and people always ask for the recipe.
- Extremely difficult to make most of these recipes, but the ones I did make were excellent. Wish I were a better cook.