The Art of the Cookie offers delicious cookie recipes and innovative decorating ideas for a cookie exchange. This book differs from others on the market in its focus on the art of decorating cookies, rather than the technique of baking them. Recipes are selected for their visual appeal as much as for their flavor.A beautifully crafted cookie is a work of art and beloved by all. Still-warm cookies fresh from the oven are irresistibly enticing but ...
Details The Art of the Cookie
Reviews The Art of the Cookie
- More for the decorator than the baker, this lovely book shows how to take a few basic recipes and turn them into gorgeous masterpieces. Definitely a great start for someone who wants to try cookie decorating.
- When I purchased this book, I thought it would teach me about the subtle fusion of craft and science which inheres in producing great cookies. Instead, Kaldunski's book is focused on the art of presenting beautiful cookies, especially by decorating them. In fairness, she does offer a good number of excellent cookie recipes: Neapolitans, meringue spirals, pistachio sables, lemon-thyme wreaths, apricot-pistachio biscotti, and dried-cherry shortbrea...
- While this book is light on actual recipes, what it does offer is well worth your time. This book showcases several simple recipes that with slight variations offer stunning works of cookie art. In particular the Lemon Window Panes (pg 26) not only are tasty, but look beautiful. The Ceramic Tile Cookies (pg 33) are also gorgeous and perfect for a fancy tea party.
- This book is mostly about decorating, though it has some good base recipes. I wish there were more recipes in this book instead of different ways to decorate. There are also a few items that need special tools that most people won't have and won't purchase just for one cookie recipe. This is definitely holiday-themed and would be a good cookie for cookie-swap starters or a hostess gift.
- loved making those cookies
- yummy photos. recipes sounded a bit more time-consuming than I have time for.
- This is a great book. The recipes are easy to follow, and the results are lovely. A great book for when you need a change in holiday (or anytime, really) cookies or are feeling creative. :)
- Lots of good recipes to try. Some will be a bit time consuming, but they look they will be worth it. There are also some good ideas for presentation and decorating.