Among enthusiasts, Seattle s Top Pot Doughnuts reigns supreme. Now, doughnut aficionados everywhere can enjoy these tasty treats at home. Committed bakers, casual home cooks, and sweet-toothed fans will eat up these 50 tried-and-true recipes from classic Old-Fashioneds to the signature Pink Feather Boa and become experts themselves after learning the secrets of doughnut-making tools, terms, and techniques (no, you don't need a deep fryer). And th...
Details Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts
Reviews Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts
- One word: YUMMY!!!
- I've only had a chance to try the old-fashioned sour cream doughnuts with their Simplest Vanilla Glaze, and am giving it four stars based on that alone. If the other recipes work out as well, I'll be updating to five stars.
- Disliked the formatting in the e-book version because of the cramped layout. Whoever formatted it apparently has never heard of page breaks.Really hated the constant (CONSTANT!) braggadocio about their association with That Chain combined with the self-congratulatory tone of "we're all that and more." As soon as I saw that the association with the titless siren was their big claim to fame--which they remind the reader of about five hundred times-...
- If you run a very successful business and decide to write a cookbook related to that, I get that to some degree your engaging in a marketing activity, but there was a certain tone to the "omg, we are the awesomest" commentary throughout the book that seemed a bit over the top, which made this somewhat less enjoyable than your average bakery cookbook. Of course you should believe in your recipes if you're putting them in a book, but this just seem...
- I got this cookbook for my birthday and it has been so fun to go through. Not only are their recipes nearly flawless (I've failed many an Internet doughnut recipe), but they have great information about the different ingredients and tools, giving you an honest idea of what you really need to make these doughnuts. I highly recommend if you want to make your own doughnuts!
- Delightful donut making resourceSingular and focused, this is a 'we can't be everywhere, so make our stuff at home' book. You might have some donut making experience, but with this you can make reasonable versions of Top Pot's finest. Complete without padding, spare without being curt.
- Nothing incredible wow when it comes to doughnuts but it does give you many ideas to create your own versions. Basic recipes with techniques which I was looking for with and awesome idea for maple and bacon flavor.
- I want to go to Seattle!
- solid looking recipes, no totally out there combinations. looking to try the doughnut bread pudding.
- Can't wait to make some
- This book was packed with excellent recipes. Definitely worth the read if you are interested in making your own doughnuts!
- Old Fashioned instructions are $$. Thanks.
- Ooh, I want to own this book!
- The doughnuts in this book look so good. I can't wait to try the baked doughnut recipe.