Sequel to New York Times bestselling manga Alice in the Country of Hearts His name is Boris, and despite his human form and piercings and tattoos, he is not your typical punk teenager. For he is the Cheshire Cat, complete with cat ears and a tail, and a penchant for riddles. Boris is in madly love with Alice, and Alice is vulnerable and lonely. But will she fall for the Cheshire Cat?
Details Alice in the Country of Clover (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #2)
Reviews Alice in the Country of Clover (Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz, #2)
- Ah, yes. More problematic drama and borderline erm.... unhealthy relationships. Another day in Wonderland! (At least, this version of it) I do hope this spin-off series will go deeper into Alice's psyche and reveal the truth of her sister and past, because MY GODS, this damn series teases it a lot!!
- Again, this series just isn't as interesting as Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 1.Still entertaining just lacking in the creepy, mysterious tone that I grew to love.Feels like a lot of back and forth, same old same old.
- Sex in the series. Can't remember what book but I'm done.
- I love at the end the author wrote that they're allergic to cats so they're not actually sure how cats react. Me too, man. Me too.
- This was insanely overly cute. I can't take the cute.
- omg! That ending! I enjoyed volume 1 & was already planning to continue on with the whole "Chershire Cat Waltz" series to the end. Then it ended with such a cliffhanger that I have to read on, :) (even though I already know she has to live cause there's 5 more of these, but still. XD) Anyway! "Alice in the country of clover Cheshire Cat Waltz" This is a manga based off a video game. It's sort of a 2nd follow up series to the "Alice and the countr...
- Starting off with Boris walking away from Alice, I am wondering how she will make it up to him, however, the question is answered when all role holders are to attend the annual meeting.(view spoiler)[Starting off with Boris walking away from Alice, I am wondering how she will make it up to him, however, the question is answered when all role holders are to attend the annual meeting.Alice starts off by missing Boris and Boris deciding that maybe h...
- I really like how this delves into the relationship between Borris and Alice once they start dating. Not many series focus on the "after" so much as they do "how they became a couple." This goes for both manga and other media.[image error]This is certainly an enjoyable read and I honestly am having a ton of fun with this spin off. If you're hesitant about this, please take a look at my review for the first volume, which will explain more on what ...
- "You don't know yet...how comfortable I feel in your arms...and how important you are in my life. But maybe someday you will."Hmmm. I don't fucking know, Alice. Maybe he has no idea because you treat him like actual garbage. Seriously, every time Boris tries to kiss her, she acts like he's trying to rape her saying stuff like "NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE FORCING ME." Hahahahah ok. Sure, Alice, sure. Also, when is she going to learn that literal...
- The more Alice starts to fall for Boris, the more she guilt she feels in relation to the world she came from. Instead of helping Alice want to stay in Wonderland, her love for Boris may instead be pulling her back to her former life. Ace only further complicates matters as he wants Alice to continue to feel as lost as he does. I must say, the Cheshire Cat cleans up nicely in the dress clothes all characters wear for the requisite Assembly. I like...
- Volume 2: A lot of this volume deals with Alice and Boris. Boris is definitely in love with Alice and Alice seems to be falling for him. He wants to go faster than she does, though, and that ends up leading to some arguments between the two.One of the unusual things is her watching a whale swimming through the forest.Ace and Boris end up fighting and Ace ends up murdering a waitress which apparently is not something that draws the ire of law enfo...
- I jumped into this series at vol. 2 since my library no longer carries vol. 1! Not knowing what to expect beyond a traditional looking girl's manga, i found myself quickly lost. at first I thought it was because i missed the first volume, but i've now come to realize after having read no.'s 3 and 4, that there's not much point to this series (I'm being generous with the 2 stars because i like the artwork).
- I LOVE AITCOC!!!!!!!!!I know I said this before, but Boris is my fav! He is just so...awesome.However, I liked him better in AITCOH.He seems more forceful now. But, still, he is amazing.Btw, Elliot!!!!!!!!!!! You're my second fav. Again, I hope you're featured more in the third manga.Anyway,This awesome manga is not for you.It is mine. Only mine.You can not have it.My precious...
- "I was never a fan of Alice in Wonderland even if I watched the Disney version when I was a kid. I also didn’t appreciate the condensed classic version of it. However, this second volume of Alice in the Country of Clover - Cheshire Cat Waltz convinced me to love its retelling."Read more: http://gypsyreads.tumblr.com/post/136...
- CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate the way Peter rhymes when he talks in these side stories... so annoying. I loved Alice in Boris’s clothes. It is so sassy and adorable. I wish Alice would be more into Boris and just let him be affectionate. She is so weird and backwards I wanna smack her! I want more kiss love in this series!!!
- Romantic, sexy, cute and adorable that's what this is and the storyline was just amazing. I loved it!!! And Boris really is the best he is ujst so sweet. I really thought this one was intense and the fact that Boris is always jealous is really cute to see.
- I must say I enjoyed the original Alice in the Country of Hearts series a lot better than this one. There is not much story development, nor is there much growth of character. I will continue to read the series, as I like the character of Boris (he's a kitty cat!)
- Story line is ok. Art is different but nice, just too much Boris and Alice. I want something different. But I can't condemn a piece of work based on the fact I don't agree with the drug out story line.
- I think I might just be getting tired of this manga series. This volume was a bit confusing, didn't spend much time with scenes that might have been interesting (like the interior of the inn where Alice works) and didn't seem to cover much new ground.
- I don't get why Alice just won't let Boris love her. It's like she refused to be loved
- i cant wait for the next one to come out!
- I'm reading a little out of order here, but I have to say I'm disappointed to see Alice end up with the Cheshire Cat. I liked Ace myself.
- Love this series
- My NFNT review is up here.
- I love Alice in the country of clover its a really good series :)MY FAVORITE MANGA SERIES EVERFAVORITE Character is : BORIS ;)
- Am I supposed to be rooting for Alice & Boris?! He's pushy & manipulative.. :/ 3.5 stars