You're constantly challenged to grow your business, increase productivity, and improve quality--all while reducing or keeping budgets flat. So what's a manager to do?You've streamlined processes. You've restructured. You've sought customer and employee feedback. You've tried everything. Now, try something that works. Profit from the Positive is a practical, groundbreaking guide for business leaders, managers, executive coaches, and human resource...
Details Profit from the Positive
Reviews Profit from the Positive
- Quick read and great book for anyone looking to boost engagement and productivity at work.
- This book is OK if you haven't read anything similar. But you have read a few books in management, productivity, motivation, etc. you probably won't find much new.It can help you as a good summary of many concepts.
- This is a great introduction to the Positive Psychology movement, whose founding is generally credited to Martin Seligman. The work is written by two of his students. It is easy enough to read for lay people, and has enough meat to be a gateway into the subject matter for professionals. I do not know that I agree with their results in terms of applying their theories, but they seem to have well-vetted research to back up their ideas.
- A good, quick read focused on practical advice, not just management theory.I was a little thrown off by the word "positive" as I feel it's overused and is often mistaken for blindly bulldozing through life and career. Instead, this book gave a series of real world examples from the authors' real world coaching and consulting experience, distilling down their recommendations into easy, bite – sized chunks that you can start thinking through and ...
- Great ideas, quick read. Of course these books always depress me somewhat because, although the ideas are fantastic, the reality…at least mine... isn't always so easy! I wish more companies cared this much and were willing to make some effort to create a better workplace environment. Of course, we always have the choice to start our own :)
- I just finished reading the recently published "Profit from the Positive." (www.profitfromthepositive.com) It is a very worthwhile read for basically anyone in business. It covers productivity, leadership, reviews, meetings, and other areas, applying principles from the relatively new field of positive psychology.
- An easy-to-access intro to positive psychology and its use in the workplace. The clear format allows readers to easily digest and use the ideas in this book in their work and home life. A great addition to anyone's shelf of leadership books!
- A nice compilation of strategies based on proven and scientific research related to positive psychology. The authors do a nice job of presenting seemingly easy strategies. A good read for those looking to improve their management style and improve team productivity.
- Really interesting book. I enjoyed the anecdotes and how the authors connected positive psychology concepts to the workplace.
- This book is a mix of positive psychology and some structured advice for management practices. It's a decent intro for positive psychology, but was too introductory to my taste.
- I’m not typically a fan of business-oriented books, but I took away some valuable pointers from this book. Positive psychology resonates with me, and the book reinforced some of my reading on adolescent girls as well as my own instinct. I will be moderating a discussion of Profit from the Positive for some of the leaders of my company and look forward to their thoughts. I chose this book prior to reading it, based on reading a few reviews. All ...
- What? Motivate people by setting them up for success, making sure they have what they need to achieve it, and then praising them when they do? Whacky! Or, in my view, not.