The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook, a companion to The 21-Day Sugar Detox program guidebook, bursts with more than a hundred grain-, gluten-, legume-, dairy-, and sugar-free recipes to keep you inspired as you blow your cravings for sugar and carbs to smithereens.Taking on a detox plan can seem daunting, but these sumptuous recipes and life-altering eating concepts will make you wish you'd started sooner. Your 21 days will be over before you know it...
Details The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook
Reviews The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook
- I've used this little 'gem' of a cookbook for wonderful tips since I've gotten it. Plus --I've already used several of the recipes: Delicious!I didn't buy this book to go on a 21 Detox Sugar Detox diet. (I already live with a variety of food modifications living with autoimmune issues). I already stay away from sugar.That said: This author has put together a book which is 'user-friendly'. I've been making 'bone-soup'....but HER 'tips' sound MUCH ...
- While I think this program leans heavily on the concept of Whole30, and certainly is based around the same scientific evidence, it is distinctly different. The aims of Whole30 is to detox from all inflammatory agents (which includes sugar), whereas 21DSD is aimed at specifically getting rid of carb and sugar cravings. 21DSD is a lot less strict than Whole30 so if that's what you're after, this might be better for you.To be entirely honest, the re...
- The 21 day sugar detox is such a great program - I completed it a few days ago and I really feel like it did help me "bust the sugar cravings." It is amazing how much sugar controls our lives. I read a statistic recently (from the CDC) that said that the Average American consumes 19.5 teaspoons of ADDED sugar every day!I really love this book because there are tons of (delicious!) recipes that are 21 DSD friendly. Most of them that I tried turned...
- Her book really covers the hazards of sugar really well and offers a good program to give yourself a break and let your body reset. One of the best parts was the recipes - I always love the recipes in her books.What was interesting to me was that while I have times (days and weeks) where I indulge in sweets a bit, my default diet is pretty much the highest level of sugar detox amongst her plans. So nice to know I already do a pretty good detox fa...
- After looking at the detox book I at least had to take a look at the cookbook. And again I just can't go through with it. I've done something similar once and I almost killed people because I couldn't take it. That's why I can only give this 2 stars. If I was in a different state of mind this book would probably help me stick to the detox and I'm quite positive it's helped a lot of people, but its just not for me at this point in time.
- Some new recipe ideas!
- Nice recipes for those wanting to follow a strict eating program to avoid sugar, dairy and processed foods.
- I like the inspiration, the plan, and results. I followed the most difficult of the three plan levels almost exactly as suggested. It was not that hard to follow, but it was a LOT of work and time to cook sugar-free. Most recipes were successful, but some were flops. I ate the flops anyway, because I was hungry. I did end up with a lower need for sweets. I would do it again and recommend it to anyone to try it. I gave it 3 stars because I don't t...
- I did not review this book for its sugar detox program, but rather for the gluten-free recipes. I really liked the selection of recipes; it has more everyday recipes than other cookbooks. I tried the chicken strips and they were very good. My husband loved them and commented on the crispiness. It is a beautiful book with expert photography. It is a pleasure just to look at the pictures. I will be trying many other recipes. I highly recommend this...
- The 21 day sugar detox looks very intense, however this author very clearly and concisely lays out the plan and makes it seem very doable. All the recipes I have tried from this book have been a big hit, but do take a little bit more prep time than would usually be found in my kitchen. All the recipes come with full color photos which was a huge help and there is a full 21 day meal plan provided.
- Great expansion of recipes in first book. I've tried and enjoyed the smoothie recipes, chicken recipes, cabbage-wrapped dumplings (we make these all the time now), carrot-ginger soup , spiced applesauce, and buttermilk buns (excellent). Simple and easy so far with consistently tasty results. My husband has even enjoyed everything I've made from both the 21DSD books.
- After reading and loving this author's other books: Practical Paleo and The 21-Day Sugar Detox books. I couldn't wait to read this one. She didn't disappoint, I thoroughly enjoyed these recipes and have made the sweet potato fries multiple times!
- This is a great resource for the 21 DSD. There are tons of good info and good recipes. If you're going to make the 3 week commitment to do the diet, then get this book before you do your grocery shopping. It'll make it that much easier.
- All the recipes I have made have been delicious- some are a little labor intensive, but worth it in the end!
- A must have healthy cookbook!
- Very good overall, but personally I never can get very interested in these meal plans with 3 weeks of recipes to follow. It's really asking a lot. :)
- I would love to give this 4.5 stars for the yummy recipes alone!
- Looks like it is full of uncomplicated gluten free, dairy and sugar free recipes. I can't wait to begin trying them!
- Great recipes!
- Not very goodI purchased this book because I am trying to avoid sugar in my diet. I guess the only way to avoid sugar is eat a lot of fish
- Requires buying of some odd ingredients but looks good
- A good compilation of relatively simple recipes. I think I will find this useful on the sugar detox.
- Recipes aren't good
- Great companion book to the 21 Day Sugar Detox program.