First published in 1909, this is a detailed, illustrated recipe book containing two works: Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes by Maria Parloa, and Home Made Candy Recipes by Janet McKenzie Hill. Janet McKenzie Hill (1852-1933) was an American author, she introduced the baked bean sandwich as a "substitute for meatless cooking."
Details Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Home Made Candy Recipes
Reviews Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Home Made Candy Recipes
- I really liked a lot of the recipes in this book. I will be trying some of them. Being from 1909, the instructions and measurements can be old-fashioned. It's particularly interesting if you like vintage cooking or even if you're interested in the historical period.
- Old fashioned (from scratch) recipes and since they’re chocolate I’m gonna try some. Nice read (especially if the dystopian readers turn out right 😲). Recommended.Well read and Free at Librivox.org
- Good recipes for candy and cakes. Step by step instructions to help you easily create your own chocolate. The only thing I would recommend is that pictures and images should be added to help readers get into the recipes better. Overall, this is a perfect book to purchase, especially for who prefer fresh homemade candy. This book is worthy to get 5 stars. Good recipes for candy and cakes. Step by step instructions to help you easily create your ow...
- UniqueThis is a digital copy of an old old cookbook. It's like the ""company" cook books of today. The original book was published in the late 1700's by The Walter coca company. Every recipe calls for that brand of chocolate product. The recipes don't have an ingredient list but by reading the recipe first one is given the measurements. Easy to substitute a current brand of chocolate. I haven't tried a recipe yet but intend to after the holidays.
- Not a very friendly review of recipes, didn't like it at all.
- Before my timeThe recipes are old fashioned and have been modified in other cookbooks. I'll search for other recipes, especially for fudge.