Originally published in single magazine form in Batman 6-7, Detective comics 51-56, and World's finest comics 2-3--P. .
Details The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 4
Reviews The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 4
- 4th book read in 2016.Number 277 out of 497 on my all time book list.Review Pending:
- This book collect Batman stories from Detective Comics #51-56, World's Finest #2 and #3 and Batman #6 and #7, covering material from May-November 1941. These are very strong stories and there's a nice variety. There are two stories featuring signature Batman villains, but also Batman taking on river pirates, old west mysteries, a mystery set in timber country, and of course a good share of good old urban mysteries.Some highlights of the book:Viol...
- I was tempted to give it a three just because it's classic Batamn. But in the end these stories are almost all Batman vs. Petty Crime. We do get one Joker story and the origin of The Scarecrow, but even these stories are very small scale with nothing epic to them.
- Wonderful, writers at creative peak. Truly a remarkable literary creation.
- Compared to the Superman Chronicles, the Batman Chronicles appear darker in appearance & not as easy to read, but still fun
- Read 7/14/09