It's 1883—the Age of Invention! A time when great men like Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Nicola Tesla, and George Eastman work to turn the country into a land of limitless opportunity.And it all happens at the world famous Inventor’s Guild headquarters in New York City—a place where a great idea, a lot of hard work, and a little bit of luck can find you rubbing elbows with these gods of industry who will usher humanity into the futu...
Details A Dastardly Plot (A Perilous Journey of Danger and Mayhem #1)
Reviews A Dastardly Plot (A Perilous Journey of Danger and Mayhem #1)
- This was a fun book jam-packed with action, adventure, & unique characters. I appreciated the fact vs. fiction section at the end as there are a lot of historical figures in this novel.
- ARC provided by Edelweiss.I enjoyed Healy's previous series "A Hero's Guide" and was excited to read this one. It was pretty good, but it seemed like Healy was trying too hard to be clever. A little more content and a little less campiness would have made this a much stronger story. I did like the addition of the (real-life) women inventers who history has overlooked in favor of their male counterparts.
- ** I received an advance reader copy of this book for free through a Goodreads giveaway. **This is a fun, adventurous story with lots of real history worked into a fantastical world filled with characters who draw you in and make you care about what happens to them. Perfect for middle readers and it has enough action to keep even reluctant readers going.
- I can't wait to read this!
- 2.5. It started off fun, but became so madcap and zany that it wasn't cohesive or understandable. It's also so chock-full of historical references cheek-and-jowl with made-up people/places/things that I could see myself as a kid being utterly baffled as to what is historically accurate or not. There's a disclaimer at the end clarifying some of those things, but too little too late.