Talk about the luck of the Irish! One of the most beloved of Irish institutions (there are more than one thousand in Dublin alone), the traditional pub has served generations as the venue for local gossip, sporting news, a ceilidh or two, literary soirees, real estate deals, political debates, revolutionary plots, and, lest we forget, for knocking back a pint of Guinness or a "ball of malt." The food's not bad eitheras The Irish Pub Cookbook so d...
Details The Irish Pub Cookbook
Reviews The Irish Pub Cookbook
- I learned everything I know about true Irish cooking from this book. I also learned much about the public houses of Ireland. Just in time for St. Patrick's Day!
- Love this book. It's part cookbook and part history of Irish pubs. Can't wait to cook some of the recipes and more importantly go back to Ireland.
- I actually purchased this cookbook in Ireland. At first, I thought it was ironic because it's published by an American publisher, but now I think differently. Irish people don't need cookbooks on how to cook food from Irish pubs, because they can go to Irish pubs! Us Americans need to do our Irish pub cookin' at home. Anyway, it has THE BEST shepherds' pie recipe in the whole world. I honestly never order it out anymore because I know I can make ...
- Being Irish, I always look for new recipes to use that also encompass my heritage. This was a pretty good collection of classic Irish dishes. I enjoyed it and look forward to making more of the wonderful dishes included.
- Love this cookbook. Have made many of the recipes, all with success! And, being of Irish heritage, it was a given that I would buy and use this book...and not just at St. Patrick's Day.
- Irish Food
- Whenever I want to remember the delicious pub food I've enjoyed on my trips to Ireland, I reach for this book. Excellent recipes. Highly recommend this one.