Summertime at Wickham Hall is hard to beat. The sun is out, the gardens are in full bloom, and the Summer Festival is just around the corner.With a clipboard in one hand and her diary in the other, Holly Swift is in her element. She’s even warming to Ben, her unorganised, spontaneous (if very attractive) boss who occasionally drives her mad.But as the festival rolls near, a family secret from the past threatens to rain down on Holly’s parade....
Details Summer Secrets (Wickham Hall, #2)
|Title||Summer Secrets (Wickham Hall, #2)|
|Release Date||Jul 23rd, 2015|
Reviews Summer Secrets (Wickham Hall, #2)
- 5 Words: Summer, mystery, celebration, mansion, family.This series is just perfect. Absolutely perfect.It's fair to say I'm fast becoming a fan of Cathy Bramley. As soon as I had finished Wickham Hall: Part One - Hidden Treasures, I pre-ordered this one. And as soon as it arrived on my kindle I practically dropped everything else I was already reading.Because Wickham Hall is wonderful. And I couldn't wait to get back there.This is just as fun as ...
- Feeding my love of a good, easy, amazingly inviting read. I loce the different characters and their quirks. The intrigue and mystery surrounding Holly's parentage and possible links to Ben himself. Crumbs, I am in this hook, line and sinker. And that Genie's Lamp one liner had me hooting with laughter and looking like a crazy person, all sat on my own in hysterics.
- It's moved into summer at Wickham Hall and Holly is enjoying her job even more....especially as she gets to know her boss Benedict Fortescue. Reading more about Holly is like catching up with an old friend, and the smaller characters on the book are starting to develop more too which is great. The descriptions of the hall are fantastic, Cathy Bramley really makes you feel like you are there amongst everybody. A really enjoyable read that is funny...
- As previously mentioned - I'd enjoy this book even more if it wasn't split into four parts, each of them only about 100 pages long. You finish one part and you're still in the middle of the story... Apart from that, the story is getting better with each part she published. It's exciting and one really wants to find out who her father is, and what secrets her mother tries to hide...
- [3.5 stars]
- An excellent follow on to the first book of Wickham Hall and Holly is starting to work with Ben and they seem to get on very well while they are organising the summer festival and she is really busy with her clipboard in hand to ensure the festival goes well. She is nearer to finding out who her father is as she finds a picture and thinks she has worked out who her father is in the picture but then she wants to find him. She is at the summer fest...
- Der Sommer ist angekommen auf Wickham Hall und damit steht das größte Event des Jahres, das Sommerfestival, an. Holly hat alle Hände voll zu tun und ihr neuer Chef, der attraktive Erbe des Anwesens, macht es ihr nicht gerade leichter, die ToDo Liste zu erfüllen.Beschwingt und locker leicht erzählt Cathy Bramley diesen zweiten Teil ihrer Wickham Hall Reihe. Es gibt einige Geheimnisse und Herausforderungen, die auf Holly warten…Ich mag den E...
- Wickham Hall Part 2 : Summer secrets by Cathy Bramley was equally as good as Part 1, no dip in this series as can sometimes happen with authors. Cathy is just brilliant writing these 4 part reads, you fall in love with the book and then BAM, you realise you've come to the end and you are holding on batted breath as the final paragraph give you a * dum dum dum* ending. It's such eloquent writing, with a strong pull to all the characters without th...
- Just as Summer has finally appeared, all be it briefly, here Summer has also come to Wickham Hall.The hall is bustling with planning for the big Summer event, there are secrets to be revealed but who is hiding the biggest of them?A great catch up with Ben & Holly looking forward to part 3 in September!!
- I'm really enjoying this serialised novel, even if I feel that the nature of the serialisation means that things are resolved a little too quickly. I like the characters, I like the setting, I like Cathy Bramley's writing style. It's all good.
- Loved catching up with Holly and life at Wickham Hall. Further glimpses into her home life - will she ever find out who her father is? And a blossoming friendship with Benedict - looking forward to seeing how this develops.
- I am loving this serial, can't wait for the next instalment to be released.
- loved this can't wait for next part
- EntrancingLoving these series of books. It has you entranced from the beginning. Looking forward to book 3 as this has a cliff hanger ending.
- Don't really get why this story is being split into so many parts but was lovely just the same. Look forward to the next instalment
- Brilliant loved it, can't wait to read the next instalment! Roll on September!