All Stevie Bell wanted was to find the key to the Ellingham mystery, but instead she found her classmate dead. And while she solved that murder, the crimes of the past are still waiting in the dark. Just as Stevie feels she’s on the cusp of putting it together, her parents pull her out of Ellingham academy.For her own safety they say. She must move past this obsession with crime. Now that Stevie’s away from the school of topiaries and secret ...
Details The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
Reviews The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
- How am I supposed to....go on being a person after that ending? I can’t even begin to articulate the simmer of thoughts and feelings surging through me right now but please just imagine me striding down a big hallway in a fancy period gown yelling “fuck fuck fuck” because that pretty much sums it up.
- Amazing sequel! Review to come.
- Dear Maureen Johnson and whoever publishes this trilogy,Please send me the arc for this immediately as I am having a spaz attack after the cliffhanger of book number one, okay?Sincerely,Someone who wants to know who’s in the photo
- Look, a Riddle, time for fun!what is always on a staircase but never on a stair??I finally have an answer but I am going to be mean and tell you to wait until the full review mwahahaP.S: Someone got it right in the comments!!!!
- **This review now posted on my blog** Dear readers, may I present you a desperate attempt of a bad poet with a shitty rhyme at expressing her WTF feelings aimed at The Vanishing Stair aka The Torture Device aka one more year of desolation aka nine circles of hell aka-- You get the picture! Riddle riddle on the wall, who's the wickedest of them all?You are wicked, there's no doubt.But the slyest of them all is Maureen Johnson!Riddle riddle on the ...
- This took a while to really pick up, but it was entertaining. I really like the characters and that helped with the slower parts. We also got a big part of the mysteries revealed, and obviously the book ended on a cliffhanger like the other one (which is a shame because this time I actually have to wait a full year for the next one D:)RTC
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. THIS IS AS GOOD AS YOU ARE HOPING. Stevie is still great, Ellingham Academy is still the best school ever, murder is still happening, but NOW IT IS PROPERLY FALL so I want to live in this book EVEN MORE than the first one. (Oh, but the mystery, you ask - sure! The mystery GETS EVEN BETTER. I can say no more.)
- I didn't realize I missed the dry yet sarcastic humor of this series until I started this book. The snark was well done and the mystery is one I need more of now.
- BELLISSIMO! Devo raggruppare le idee e poi ci sarà la recensione :)
- I KNOW THIS BOOK JUST CAME OUT THIS MORNING BUT I NEED THE THIRD ONE NOWWWW
- 3.5 stars.The second book in this historical/contemporary, mystery/thriller reinforced my opinion that this is really one big book that has been split into three, rather than three separate books in a series. They don’t work that well independently.What was great about this instalment is that we learn a lot more about how the historical crime played out and who was involved, but with one key detail left undisclosed. I had it worked out before t...
- Maureen Johnson, you did it again! The wait for book 3 might literally kill me. The events of The Vanishing Stair flew by and I finished the book in 2 days (I had to ration it and that hardly worked). The mystery and intrigue were ramped up 150%, and though we got a few answers, more questions (of course) found their way out of the woodwork. MAUREEN. WE NEED BOOK 3!
- "You want to solve crimes, Stevie? You can't act like you're smarter than everyone around you and do it on your own. That's how people get hurt."Ahhh another great mystery plot-twisty read *u* I'm so glad I reread Truly Devious before this one because there are PLENTY of characters here and it's easy to get confused. Especially when it comes to characters that are in the "past". This book offers even more character development for Stevie. She was...
- Dusty, rotten 'attics', enlightening wires, the last dress-ups, hidden tunnels and secret affairs. Gripping and intense untill the very end; with some sparks of extraordinary humour, hidden bodies, stinging betrayals, and a chilling feeling of uncertain future.Aaah, perfection!!! A truly marvellous read!!!!Nate/Stevie interactions are my spirit animal!!! He is TOO precious for this planet!!! “How often have I said to you that when you have eli...
- So more-ish but with no more for aaaages. This was so good! Although I know it's a trilogy and therefore the core mysteries were not going to get solved, it looked towards the end like we might get the answers. But no. Maureen Johnson is such a tease. Also I have many questions that I did not have at the beginning of the book . I did guess the one culprit revealed in the book though, so there's that.
- I. NEED. ANSWERS.
- *Nervous laughter* Haha… what? rtc
- OMG!! I can’t believe I have to wait another year for the next book! This is such a great mystery!!!
- This book answered some of the questions I had in the first book but I need more answers! The mysteries of the school has become more complex!
- The second books of trilogies are often times my absolute favorites, but only when they’re done well. And The Vanishing Stair is done WELL.This novel picks up almost immediately after Truly Devious left off, give or take a few weeks. Still reeling from the events on the Ellingham campus and forced into a sort of exile, Stevie is still working on the unsolved 1930s murder case when one of the most powerful and dangerous people in the country whi...
- Gahhh cliffhanger! Liked this one more than book one. Once again, the audiobook version was fantastic! Not looking forward to having to wait a year for book 3 😭