Free short story intro to The Princess Fugitive. Available for free from the author's website
Details The Kitchen Maid (The Four Kingdoms #1.5)
Reviews The Kitchen Maid (The Four Kingdoms #1.5)
- Listed as 1.5 in The Four Kingdoms series by Melanie Cellier. An extremely short story found on the author's website, with the main characters of Ava and Hanna. Written from Ava's point of view. I am currently reading another Melanie Cellier book and looked up the series and found out about this. I might have been more optimistic about it if I were more familiar with the series. It was too short even to really be a short story. More like a prolog...
- Super-short bonus chapter; can be found on the author's website as a PDF. Prequel, so to speak, to The Princess Fugitive. The short shows us what happened between Ava and Hannah. Cute addition for the completely obsessed fans like me. Cough, cough...um...I meant...*hides*
- Super short excerpt but a nice insight into Hanna and Ava
- This might have worked better as a prologue in the book itself instead of a 'bonus' short story. It felt a bit forced to me because of the format, and certainly doesn't stand on its own at all, but it was effective at piquing my interest about the next book.
- To quote Coralie's review: Super-short bonus chapter; can be found on the author's website as a PDF. Prequel, so to speak, to The Princess Fugitive. The short shows us what happened between Ava and Hannah.I read this about halfway through the Princess Fugitive, and it's very interesting knowing what happened!
- Quick short story that supports the next book in the series, A Princess Fugitive. Definitely a different view into Ava's thoughts and feelings! Short but nice.
- Mini Story that goes with The Four Kingdoms #2. Interesting side story.
- A very complicated story. HOW COULD A FATHER ASK HIS DAUGHTER TO BE SO SELFISH? Usually parents teach kids to be selfless and think about others, always accept your own mistakes rather than blaming others and never let some innocent person suffer because of you. And this king is really a HITLER!!!!He wants his daughter to let her friend take the blame to protect herself. (he is insane). A very nice story!! Liked it!!!!