A terrible force rises from the heart of the sea, intent on consuming Maika-and the monster inside her.
Details Monstress #9
Reviews Monstress #9
- Almost forget how oustanding is the art in the series. Almost. What a wolf teach her pups but teeth and hunger? And I didn't get before the 'relatives'. Let me say: Wow, and 'poor Maiko' (view spoiler)[ mommies issues doesn't cover all (hide spoiler)]How many monsters are in this serie anyway?And the journey continues...
- Nooooo I need moooorrre.
- And it keeps the pace.One of the things I like a lot about this series, apart from the strong female leads, is the fact that it presents you with a collision of differents worlds/characters and everythings just fits so seamlessly... it's amazing.
- You didn't make me in your image. You made me into something worse.Did I matter to you? Please let that me true, no matter what I find in this place. I'd follow that possibility anywhere.
- The art is gorgeous as always, but there wasn't much progress in terms of plot in this issue.
- The issues are definitely reading much more smoothly and much faster now that we're focused on one set of characters for most of the issue. I think the creators have hit a great pace and style and the possibility of reading this book for another 3 years sounds more like fun than like homework. There were some weak points in the first arc where I was worried.
- 4 StarsBuy itThe art is impeccable as always. However I found the first half of the issue confusing. The second half was better. Still worth reading but I really should be reading them in graphic Novel format.
- Just when I think the art can't get any better! And holy fuck the story! But OH MY GODS the art!! AND THE STORY!AND THE ART! I love Monstress with every fiber of my being!!
- Lately I feel like more and more people have been reading and praising Monstress and I couldn't be happier.I feel like this series is one which might bring more readers into the world of comics.The plot in this issue had me wondering if we would finally get answers in the next issue. Maika's character has really been made to wait for the answers she seeks for the bulk of this series & now that she seems to have a firm grasp on her predicament I t...
- I am really looking forward to the island (and that this will not be an empty plot device).The factions move and everything seems to be around our protagonist. Everybody keeps their distance but exactly this tension makes for great storytelling.
- god this book is gorgeous.
- where Maika learns that she can be a little softer and still be a good mother.
- Cada número se supera más
- I'm starting to think that I will not like the sirens... >.> By which I mean so say that I most certainly do not like the sirens!
- "...smells more like charred ass"I love Ren's character and of course the little Kippa.
- Ok even though this series confuses me a lot because there is so much going on they introduce all these fab-ass characters like MERMAIDS and shit and I'm like !!!!!!!!!! and also Kippa!!!!! i love Kippa so much. Protect Kippa.
- The story deepens and gets bloody, but the artwork is just as fantastic. Better than the previous installments.
- The endings of these comics are so nerve-wracking... I need to know what is going to happen, the endings are so good. I am still loving Maika's character and her companions are the best she could have. There is a lot still left to be uncovered in the series so I am still really enjoying it.In this issue we are still at sea but they are almost to their destination - Maika has to deal with a few issues along the way and there is a lot of scheming b...
- Monstress 9 arrived in the mail today and I saved it to be my last read of the year. Great way to finish the year! Monstress is gorgeous, kick-ass, introspective, and flawless. The arcanics in this one are mesmerizing. And number 10 promises intense mermaid action. I'm just gonna finish this year saying Monstress was hands down my favorite reading of 2016, except it was more like a monthly enchantment. In the words of Maika, to 2016, all we can s...
- With this issue Monstress has really found its stride. I think this is the first issue where the pacing was fast and satisfying, while the world-building continued to develop in a very deep way. While I have immensely enjoyed every issue in this series, this one may be the best yet. I can't wait for issue 10.
- Gosh, this entire comic is worth reading just to admire how entirely cute Kippa is. I also like how, though Maika isn't necessarily likable as a person, I enjoy her as a character. The story continues to be interesting and the art continues to be beautiful. The sky is blue, what else is new?
- Absorbing story and great art makes it another great issue.
- I know that wolves teach there cubs to fight, and that's natural for them. BUT men..Teaching them to fight and become a serial killer is way to hardcore
- Beautiful and dark! And what the hey is going on??