Originally performed at the Kennedy Center for the unveiling of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and later as a tribute to Walter Dean Myers, this stirring and inspirational poem is New York Times bestselling author and National Book Award finalist Jason Reynolds’s rallying cry to the dreamers of the world.For Every One is just that: for every one. For every one person. For every one dream. But especially for every one kid. The kids who dre...
Details For Every One
Reviews For Every One
- I saw this in the Goodreads Choice Award nominations for Best Poetry and thought I'd check it out!It's a super quick read - thirty minutes max. - but it's pretty hard-hitting without being cheesy. That's the one reason I can never get into "motivational" reads: it's almost always super cheesy, carpe diem-type stuff. Reynolds, however, doesn't truss it up. His raw and sparse poetry is to the point and unsentimental. Moments like this one are occas...
- 3.5 StarsNetgalley provided me an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest reviewI'm a simple woman: I see anything by Jason Reynolds, I pounce on it. This is a poem/letter for "dreamers" in the world. It's as much of testament of Reynolds' trials and errors as much as it is a call-to-action for the readers. The writing style is very clean and this probably only took me 10 minutes to read because it's barely over 100 pages and it's designed in...
- 4 stars Jason Reynolds is an author I've been meaning to read for a while now. Usually I am not one for poetry but I've been trying to set aside my prejudices of it lately. Reynolds delivers a powerful letter, one that speaks to all kinds of readers. I really enjoyed this small book, it took about 20 minutes to read and I found myself reading slower to savor the words.Follow me on ♥ Facebook ♥ Blog ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter ♥
- Originally performed at the Kennedy Center for the unveiling of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and later as a tribute to Walter Dean Myers, this short speech by great performer and children’s author Reynolds is vaguely titled, but it is addressed to young people about the importance of dreams. In it the now successful Reynolds reveals how he was unsuccessful most of his life, and never gave up. His principal accomplishment seems to be the...
- A quick read of an inspirational poem aimed at younger readers, exhorting them to dream, to have courage, and to take action.The words, while not groundbreaking, are heartfelt, and I would have liked to have read the sentiments when I was much younger and wondering what direction I should go.
- 2.5 stars
- The truth isour dreams could beas far away as foreveror as close as lunchtime.
- I read Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds this year and absolutely loved it. I'm not a fan of self help books. But this was nominated for best poetry in the in the Goodreads Choice Awards and I wanted to read more of Jason Reynolds.There's something very magical about the way he writes. It's art. This letter to a dreamer is so short yet hard hitting. There's so much meaning and so much feeling behind this. It's beautiful.This book is For Every One!
- Comforting and inspirational!
- Beautiful. Everyone would benefit from reading this letter/poem of dreaming and jumping and persisting and accepting."Your dream is the molebehind your ear, that chip in yourfront tooth, your freckles.It's the thing that makesyou special,but not the thing that makes you great.The courage in trying,the passion in living,and the acknowledgement and appreciation ofthe beauty happening aroundyou does that." Jason Reynolds, I love you.*eARC Netgalley*
- inspiring and uplifting
- Flawless!!!I really loved this one.So. Damn. Inspiring!The whole book has been written as a letter in words like four line poems : short, clear and delivering👍The basic theme is to go for your dreams NO MATTER WHAT AND HOW OLD YOU ARE.I so needed to read something like this.And hellaluyah! I got this at the perfect time.The lines are so pure and so damn motivating.There's no turning back when you pick up this one.Kudos to Jason👍
- 3.5 stars! I don't usually read this kind of books, but it was not bad at all. I enjoyed it.
- Every time I think I can’t love him more than I already do, Jason Reynolds makes me love him more than I already do. I want to read this book/letter/poem to every single one of my students—past and present— read it out loud to myself every day, read it from a loud speaker as I drive down the road, read it everywhere to everyone. This book is for every one.
- This review originally appeared on Novel Ink.I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.This poem/letter came along at exactly the time I needed to read it. I had been through a rough few weeks, and this was just… everything I needed to keep me going. (Once again, Jason Reynolds saves the day.) But seriously, this was a fantastic poem I think everyone w...
- A letter of encouragement for dreamers, and for anyone thinking of giving up on a dream.
- A letter to himself. A letter to the dreamers. Jason Reynolds setting words on fire...per usual.
- Jason flipping Reynolds!
- Never give up on your dreams. I highly recommend as read by the author, it's an incredibly powerful yet short listen.
- When life gives you lemons, read Jason Reynolds. Lord, this man! This poetic letter to every one is for everyone. The dreamers. The doubters. The hijacked. The prospered. Those afraid. Those with courage. The jumpers. Whichever you are...JUMP.
- I want to curl up in these words, share them, and live them.
- read this and more reviews on Frayed Books:http://frayedbooks.wordpress.comFor Every One is just that – for everyone. I listened to the audiobook, which is read by Jason himself, and I highly recommend it. It’s only about 30 minutes long so it’s a quick read or listen – but so powerful, you’ll immediately want to read it again. (Which, yes, I did hit “replay” after I finished it once.)Jason speaks so honestly in For Every One; “I ...
- For Every One é uma carta sobre sonhos e como alcança-los; mas sem fórmula mágica, sem receita, sem planejamento. Sonhos são sonhos e todo mundo tem, independente de quem é, do que faz ou do que quer fazer.Se você tem 30min no seu dia, escute For Every One e respire fundo. Jason Reynolds é, na minha opinião, um dos melhores autores da atualidade.
- A short, yet powerful read to never give up on your dreams! Jason Reynolds has a way with words. This book will make you realize that on the road less traveled, you're not alone. On the dreams you feel as though have passed you by, really haven't. No matter the fear, the obstacle etc, JUST JUMP! This book makes the perfect gift. It's the motivational speech that everyone needs.
- Jason Reynolds has become a new favorite author of mine, but this one is kind of a disappointment. However, it has to do more with the fact that I rarely love poetry (unless it's telling a story or unless it's spoken word), so I would still recommend it to people. That, and it just felt a little bit cheesy and was too short for my taste.
- Jason Reynolds continues to amaze me.