Details Dr.STONE 2 (Dr. Stone, #2)
Reviews Dr.STONE 2 (Dr. Stone, #2)
- Still don’t like this manga. The first volume was worse, but this one isn’t much better. I just hate the clunky writing. Senku continues to use his catch phrases waaaayyy too much, sometimes multiple times on one page (ten billion percent certain, not even a millimeter, get excited), and they are all annoying. The science angle is... sort of interesting... but the attempt to use real science in the middle of a story featuring Tarzan boy who c...
- This series just keeps getting better and better! The attempt to be as hard sci-fi as the story allows, using actual science, is great. I actually ended up reading past the end of this volume before writing this, so part of my excitement isn't just the direction the story may go, but the direction it does go! Also, the concerns early on that characterization may not get deep enough have been lifted. Much emotion in this volume!
- The series takes a shift here (very noticeable given the format of a chapter) for the better. The story is no longer an average story about high school boys fighting against the world but focuses on one of their attempts to bring the remains of humanity out of the Stone Age as quickly as possible. It’s a promising turn that could become amazing if properly explored in further volumes. But I’m still not crazy about the art.
- He blinded them with SCIENCE!
- 3.75 Still hoping things will get interesting . . .