Platters and Boards - Entertaining dishes and party dishes your guests will loveEntertaining and party dishes from Platters and Boards: Celebrated author and food blogger Shelly Westerhausen shares the secrets to creating casually chic spreads anyone can make and everyone will enjoy (and envy) in her bestselling Platters and Boards cookbook. This visual cornucopia of a cookbook is the guide to entertaining with effortless style.Platters and Board...
Details Platters and Boards (Appetizer Cookbooks, Dinner Party Planning Books, Food Presentation Books)
Reviews Platters and Boards (Appetizer Cookbooks, Dinner Party Planning Books, Food Presentation Books)
- I borrowed this from the library but might straight-up buy it. SO PRETTY. SO MANY GOOD IDEAS!
- This is straight up food eye candy. Beautiful photographs of "spreads" of various types of snack foods arranged on wooden boards or platters that you'll probably never actually make, but love to look at and dream. If you entertain a lot this could be a useful cookbook, but I think for most people this is just a fantasy cookbook of the type of person you wish you were. The spreads are arranged by time of day and the final section is recipes for so...
- When I was a kid I loved the foods at big family gatherings -- little pickles, cubed cheeses, cut fruit and veg, cold cuts, chips, crackers -- lots of imagination and a little something for everyone. Sometimes I would stick with the stand-by favs or there were times when I would venture out of my comfort zone to try something new. Thinking back on those spreads whatever else they were they were celebratory. Seeing it in my mind's eye makes me smi...
- Really practical suggestions, tips, and recipes for entertaining. (And those who love to nosh.) I particularly like the "portioning grid", that helps you scale the ideas up or down, based on how many you plan on serving. The section that gives you suggestions on which boards, platters, etc. to serve based on occasion, large or small, is also helpful. There were also simple boards, etc. for things like Movie Night or Date Night.This book is much m...
- I haven't seriously considered putting together spreads like those featured in this book before. But after reading through it I'm feeling motivated by how surprisingly easy putting it all together would be. Mostly about getting the proportions right and choosing harmonious flavors. And the presentation! I'm inspired by all the different ways to assemble the different platters in the lovely photographs.
- This is a neat idea, and overall I think the cookbook pulls it off. I particularly appreciate that the authors give extensive information about scaling these spreads for crowds of different sizes. However, there aren't very many actual recipes in this book, and only a handful of them are actually appealing to me.
- This book is so rad! I picked it up because platters and boards are magic. Then, flipping through it and reading the recipes, I couldn't handle my excitement. I am adding so many of these recipes to my Christmas food list.
- I call this snack dinner and I loved all the new ideas!
- Great sections with loads of details on how to pull off great gatherings with awesome boards and platters.
- Not for me. However, FSC paper is nice to touch. Why do publishers have books Made in China?
- Great resource if I had company frequently.
- Digging this! Love all the recipes and board ideas. On my to-buy list for sure! Gorgeous. I also like the boards are all vegetarian with meat options. Excellent.
- This book is beautiful and will help me expand my platters for future enjoyment.
- I only add cookbooks to My Books after I have successfully tried recipes from them!!
- This book is beautiful! The images are lovely, the ideas unique and totally doable. This is perfect if you need inspiration for something other than meat, cheese, crackers, olives. It would also be a great hostess gift. The "cheese cake" is my favorite. See if you can find it...