What if anxiety is not a monster to be tamed, but a resource to be tapped?In this revolutionary book, Dr. Alicia Clark recognizes anxiety as the unsung hero in the path to success and happiness. It can become the motivating force that will lead to a better you, and The Anxiety Advantage aims to restore anxiety to its rightful place as a positive resource.Weaving together modern neuroscience, case studies, interviews, and personal anecdotes, The A...
Details Hack Your Anxiety
|Title||Hack Your Anxiety|
|Author||Alicia H. Clark|
|Release Date||Aug 7th, 2018|
Reviews Hack Your Anxiety
- Hack Your Anxiety is a seminal book written for all ages and various levels of anxiety. After all, in today’s busy, pressure-filled world it is easy to feel stressed at times, regardless of your stage in life. Whether your anxiety is situational or long term, you will find constructive, practical and valuable advice within these pages. What sets this book apart from other books is the author’s approach. Alicia H. Clark adeptly points out that...
- Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of this ARC, all opinions presented are my own.Well formatted and well thought out. Hack Your Anxiety had some really good useful points and tools in there to use your anxiety and harness it's potential versus being a slave to it. Clark is a well-written author who used both scientific facts and personal notes which really created a well-rounded self-help book.My hang-ups with this are that I feel these technique...
- I’m so glad I read this book. It offers a comprehensive overview of the science of anxiety and then gives clear ideas about how to address varying levels of anxiety. These examples and stories made it clear for the first time that I am not alone. When suffering bouts of anxiety, I tend to feel it’s just me. This book opened my eyes to allow me to talk and think my way through my anxious times. And also gave me ideas to understand and help fri...
- As a person who suffers from anxiety, especially in public, I find this book quite useful and motivational.
- This book goes into a new modern way to look at anxiety. It lists out the different things that we call anxiety and goes step-by-step through factors such as our cell phones, political life and city living. It also goes over the fact that we are prescribed medication more than not when it comes to anxiety.The book speaks of a new way to harness anxiety as we learn to recognize and even embrace our own anxious feelings instead of avoiding. It goes...
- I also received this book as an advanced reader's copy due to the overwhelming response of requests we get on this topic from not only our patrons and community but for our staff as well. Alicia Clark's information was very well explained and communicated throughout the book and she also gave some really useful tips. We will definitely consider this title for our non-fiction collection. 5 stars!
- Hack Your Anxiety has a unique perspective on anxiety. As a life-long anxiety sufferer, I'm not sure viewing it as a motivating factor is terribly helpful. The book is well-written and interesting but I can't honestly recommend it.Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.