A new, cataclysmic chapter of the Descender saga is here! All the various factions who have been hunting Tim-21 finally converge around the ocean planet, Mata just as the robots launch their galaxy wide revolution! But nothing can prepare the young android Tim, or the readers, for what happens next. The Descender saga comes to a startling climax and sets the stage for the next, mind bending adventure.A new chapter of the heartfelt Sci-Fi epic by ...
Details Descender, Vol. 6
Reviews Descender, Vol. 6
- Rekl bych, ze Lemire uzavrel Descendera dostojne a uprimne se tesim na pokracovani.Vsechno do sebe hezky zapadlo a posledni cislo bylo paradnim rozloucenim se vsema postavama.
- Read these as single issues. A little disappointed with the ending. I understand that this wasnt the intended ending as the story changed as it progressed. Looking forward to 2019 with what this team brings. Hopefully it builds on this amazing world they've created.
- Once again, amazing art and story that never quits and never disappoints! Also, I think Steve Wands, letterer, deserves a shit ton of credit here for his work! The lettering here does so much to fully develop + complete the characters in this incredible series. You can seriously 'hear' them thanks to Wands' skill and artistry, and it really struck me while devouring this comic. Eff yeah, Ascender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
- Jemnosť a city potrhnuté kresbou asi vodovkami asi od najcitlivejšieho autora komiksov. Práve to ma k tejto sérii o zotročených uvedomelých robotoch pritiahlo, ale ku koncu práve to viedlo k akejsi mdlej nemastnej neslanej predvídateľnej dejovej línii. Nudný vyšumelý záver aj keď áno, stále pekne jemný.
- 3.5 Review coming later... I just need some time to wrap my head around this
- In the beginning, there was Ostrakon and Professor Osris, a man willing to push technology forward at the cost of his family and anything else that might deflect progress. What will he do when he discovers that the beginning is not the beginning? On a scientific journey, Professor Osris uncovers a Pandora's box that set's the stage for the final war to be fought between man and machine. In chapters one and two, Lemire weaves a pseudo-origin story...
- A fitting end. Though I would probably lump “Descender” with Jeff Lemire’s ‘churn-out’ books in terms of dialogue, what sets it apart is the copious magnitude of scope as well as the unique drawings and watercolors by Dustin Nguyen. There’s a lot going on in this final arc that really brings some depth to the idea of the universe in relation to reality and machinekind. However, character development and honest characters interactions ...
- 4.5 stars for the whole saga. I do have one major problem with the ending. The Descenders could clearly communicate with the races of the galaxy, so why did they keep the "warning" shrouded in mystery? What good is that kind of warning? That complaint aside, the story was affecting and the world-building was great. Exciting to see where Ascender goes from there.
- WHAT. THE. EFFING. EFFITY. EFF!This is how you end a series? Really?Okay, it’s beautiful. And clever, and prescient, and opening up a whole new comic series, but REALLY!I have a lot of feelings right now
- I really enjoyed this series and was not disappointed with the final chapter. The artwork is fantastic and I loved the characters. Glad to see that Jeff Lemire will be continuing some of these characters in a new series.
- An engaging epic becomes lessened by a transition to a sequel.
- Pros: Meeting between Tim-21 and AndyCons: No resolution for Tim-21; cop-out
- The final Descender might have been my favorite! Great ending and interesting beginning? Ascender...
- The story is very good (I really enjoy all that Jeff Lemire is writing these days) and that is only out done by the tremendous artwork from Dustin Nguyen. Pick up this series if you haven't already.
- Cringe inducing cheesiness.
- UGH.I just want Tim to be okay. We will have to see.
- Individual issue reviews: #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32Total review score: 3.5