Boy meets pen in this funny, concise, and touching picture book about maintaining friendship across great distances.Stewart may be a boy, and Craig may be a pen, but they are definitely best friends. The kind of friends who do everything together, who rely on each other, and who feel lost without each other . . . which is why it’s a catastrophe when Craig disappears! How can Stewart be a best friend if his best buddy is missing? The answer is ...
Details Stewart's Best Pen
Reviews Stewart's Best Pen
- Stewart and Craig are best friends. Stewart found Craig one summer at Camp Aye-Wanah-Go-Hom. They do a lot together, and enjoy each other's company. One day Craig is missing, and Stewart receives a letter from Craig from Japan. From this point they share their lives at a distance through letters to each other.
- Just bought this book for my daughter and she LOVES it!! Good news is - that I actually love it too!! (Thankfully since I'm having to read it over and over, haha). The writing is clever and the story has a great message about friendship, loss and new beginnings that's important for any kid. Highly recommended!
- A fun story of true friendship and pen pals and discovering new friends if we have an open mind. This would make a great choice for a letter writing unit or to read to a class before beginning a pen pal club.
- Cute story but had some weird inconsistencies in the book...like his pen that keeps changing size. (On purpose? I don't know!) And I didn't love the ending.
- A way to introduce pen pals to kids.
- Was this whole story written for the punchline of "Pen Pals"? ;)
- Clever, fun take on the long-distance friendship story.
- Delightful story of friendship
- I love children's book that are written in such a way that the silliness can be understood by the child. This is one of those books. Definitely worth the read.
- Friendship story for long-distance friends.
- I respect the hell out of a picture book author who creates an entire conceit and story just to end on a single, spectacular pun.
- I'm a teacher and this is a GREAT book to teach a lesson on letter-writing and pen pals. Not to mention it made all the kids laugh. It was a hit!
- Pen pals!
- See more reviews on http://byucbmr.com/