10 hours, 41 minutesIn this intimate, haunting literary memoir read by the author, an American icon tells her story for the first time, and in her own gorgeous words - about a challenging and lonely childhood, the craft that helped her find her voice, and a powerful emotional legacy that shaped her journey as a daughter and a mother.One of the most celebrated, beloved, and enduring actors of our time, Sally Field has an infectious charm that has ...
Details In Pieces
Reviews In Pieces
- I received an advance copy of selections from this forthcoming book. It was about 50 pages long. This memoir focuses a lot on the relationship Sally had with her mom and the challenge to express herself during the early years of her career. This sneak peek left me wanting more. The hardcover comes out in September, and I’m definitely getting a copy!!
- Advanced sample copy from her appearance at the ALA Annual in NOLA.The writing, taken from journals, is personal, funny, moving, and leaves me wanting to read more.
- Sally Field has been in my life from the beginning. She was the cute Gidget...The Unbelievable Flying Nun... The woman in Smokey and the Bandit...She broke her typecasting with Stay Hungry...And then she Leaped to the Next Level with Norma Rae...Causing the Oscar Moment none of us will ever forget..."You Like me, You Really Like Me..."And We Loved her, We Really Have for So Many Years...Now This is Her Time... Breaking It All Down ... In Pieces-S...
- What a beautiful and brave human being Sally Field is. In this book she reveals painful and honest truths of her past and how they laid the foundation for the person she is today.The audiobook is read by the author, which makes the book so much more personable and compelling. Highly recommended!
- You're only as sick as the secrets that you keep.Wow! I actually read this engaging, honest and illuminating memoir in one sitting. The brutal honesty and objectivity that Ms Field displays in openly discovering and relating her life-long battle with self-esteem and why she's the person that she is is refreshing and helped me to see some of the same traps I've also fallen into in my own life. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has come fr...
- So open and honest it can be painfulBreathtaking in so many ways. Beautifully written as if in a trance with you in it as well. I think the early years were filled in but I also feel there was much more to tell that pushed away once the Burt piece hit. I'm hoping a follow up can happen as she continues her journey. Hauntingly beautiful.
- Nice Read...I have always enjoyed Sally Field as an actress. I can also admire her as a person What a life! Some good some bad. A terrible time with the molestation, with deafening silence enough to break anyone.Her life and loves (I don't believe she cared for Mr. Burt Reynolds as much as he thought she did...lol)Ann engrossing, enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing your life..😉
- I couldn't put this book down. She unflinching put her life under the microscope and let me peer in. I learned things about myself through her lens. I admire her more than ever. I'm not sure how she was able to so critically examine her life and describe the pieces. All I know is that it resonated with me.I couldn't put this book down. She unflinching put her life under a microscope and let me peer in. Thank you!
- I don't like to be critical of anyone's memoir, i will say that I adored Sally field, from gidget, to the flying nun, all through her career, she had such an appealing personality. Her memoir is her words, who she is, what she wanted to share and what she felt, I applaud anyone who chooses to share their life.
- There is a lot of shock factor to this book, which makes it something you can read quickly. But, I also found myself wondering at points in the book why she didn’t do certain things or wanted more detail on others. She also skips from Norma Rae all the way to Mary Todd, which is a huge chunk of time unaccounted for!
- A brilliant moving memoir.There is something powerful in opening up and showing yourself, famous or not. Sally's life struggles and triumphs are each woman trying to find who she is.
- Truly an amazing person, struggled so hard to stay true to her innate self: Naive but smart, weak but strong. Can we equate the conscious events to everything happens for a reason with guardian angels taking care of this beautiful person along the way? I believe so.
- I loved this book. It read like a wonderful novel. It was sincere, poignant, and well-written. I got up at 4 a.m. this morning and read it in one sitting. She brings all her family members, and Burt Reynolds, ie the incredible hunk on the rug, to life.Loved it!
- Such an interesting read!
- Closer to 4.5. This mainly focuses on the first half of her life, and is simultaneously chock-full of detail and leaves you wanting more. One of the best celebrity memoirs I've read to date.